UPS Sucks!

Discussion in 'The Watering Hole' started by Jonathan F/2, Sep 17, 2011.

1. Jonathan F/2

Jonathan F/2 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 10, 2011
    Los Angeles, CA
    I had a lens scheduled for delivery today. Usually the UPS guy will get a signature confirmation or knock on my door. Today he decided to leave it on the porch and when I got home, it was nowhere to be seen! Luckily I ordered through Amazon and they said they'd issue me a refund. It's still a hassle and incredibly inconvenient. Not to mention I'm now somewhat paranoid of my neighbors and will keep an eye out in the trash for any discarded Amazon boxes! :mad::frown:
  2. MrDoug

MrDoug Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 5, 2011
    Boise, Idaho
    UPS is awesome.. something happened.. I would EXAMINE your neighbors for sure.. they might be thugs..check the local pawn shops.. LOL. I would guess that for sure.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    Ouch, that is certainly strange.

This is exactly why I use a PO box... it's like my own personal shipper/receiver.

However, UPS and FedEx won't ship to the PO Box in all their infinite wisdom. The box is so much safer and secure, as your story demonstrates.
  4. Jonathan F/2

Aug 10, 2011
    Los Angeles, CA
    Who knows, but UPS is not always great. My service was decent until today with the UPS driver making sure my package was properly delivered. Probably had a lazy slob of a driver doing my route today! :mad:
  5. Armanius

Armanius Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 23, 2010
    I've had equally and worse experience with UPS. That's why I have just about everything of value delivered to my work address, where there's a receptionist. But there were still lots of screw ups of different types by UPS. Hence, whenever there's a Fed-Ex option, I usually pay the extra $ and go with Fed-Ex.

One time, the UPS guy dropped a box in front of my house and entered into the system that the package was "signed by owner." I wasn't even home. I was checking the status of delivery from the office and had already called UPS not to deliver the package, hold on to it, because I was not home. They said the message was transmitted to the driver. Obviously, the driver did not care. When I saw the "signed by owner" status on the website, I immediately called UPS again complaining. They gave me some lame explanation. Fortunately, when I got home, the package was still there.
  6. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    I was working as a photographer and at one time package designer for the private brands division of Canada's largest safety and industrial supplier. They often used UPS to ship samples over, and sometimes I would see huge boxes of product show up all mangled up from improper handling. I'm talking about industrial-grade equipment that you'd have to drive a truck over to mangle like this.
  7. turbodieselvw

turbodieselvw Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 29, 2010
    I have heard and seen pics of damaged high-end audio equipment (upwards of $10K) by UPS and then refusing to honour the insurance payout by using the excues that the packages were not packed correctly. When I purchased a pair of amps from the US some 15 years back, I specifically chose FedEx overnight air to avoid possible UPS damage. FedEx charged over $400 for that service back then gas cost 1/3 what it costs these days. You can only imagine what they are charging these days for overnight air service but I would go that route again in order to avoid UPS. There are lots of UPS horror stories on the web.
  8. Jonathan F/2

Aug 10, 2011
    Los Angeles, CA
    Well I blame UPS for not being more attentive and I really dislike the thief who stole my package!
  9. RobWatson

RobWatson Mu-43 Hall of Famer

As bad as UPS maybe (I always use USPS if possible but UPS deliveries go to work) can you believe DHL is even worse! I'll never use DHL.

Now that the meth lab across the street is abandoned WE are now the scary house on the block - which has its perks!
  10. Living in the middle of the boonies.

UPS, FedEX, USPS dependent up here in the middle of nowhere. Pretty much purchase most goods online or 1-800. +2 decades and hundreds of packages delivered without having any issue with any of the services.
  11. ZephyrZ33

ZephyrZ33 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Nov 18, 2010
    Southern California
    Still waitin' on the UPS and FedEx merger: "Fed-Up"
  12. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    lol, good one Zephyr!
  13. capt3450

capt3450 New to Mu-43

Dec 29, 2010
    I think your neighborhood is suck LA duh..:smile:), not UPS. I've used all four UPS, FedEx, USPS and DEL they are all good, the best I think is UPS although it's little bit slooooow :frown: they all leave my package in my front door with a tag and tell me sigh it so they will pickup in next day.

14. The devil made me do this.

<a href=";current=This_Thread_Delivers_-_UPS_Babe.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]
  15. Jonathan F/2

Aug 10, 2011
    Los Angeles, CA
  16. nueces snapper

nueces snapper Mu-43 All-Pro

I love my UPS driver

Really. Couldn't be happier.

17. wattseee

wattseee Mu-43 Regular

Jun 14, 2011
    My last experience with UPS was almost too good. 6 days delivery to australia and they actually turned up a day before scheduled date. too bad I'd planned to take the next day off work to wait at home. Unfortunately the delivery woman looked nothing like the pictures posted here. Looked a lot like man in fact.

USPS on the other hand took 6 days to get from one part of NJ to another part of NJ. Still waiting for it to get to melbourne.