1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Ups and Downs

Discussion in 'The Watering Hole' started by mattia, Jul 18, 2013.

1. mattia

mattia Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 3, 2012
    The Netherlands
    Things that rock: visiting the Galapagos.

Things that suck: your e-M5 battery charger refusing to charge any of your batteries. Weird, because it worked back home (third party charger) and the same charger does charge the Rx100 batteries (different adapter plate)

Have 2 more weeks of travel in Ecuador and one fully charged battery left. Thankfully, the RX100 is going strong, though a little fickle turning on (I fear the salt air isn't a great thing for it). Keeping the e-m5 for telephoto and rare instances I think i may get an ultrawide shot worth printing. My opinion of 'charge in camera' is now firmly on the 'awesome backup option to have' list.

Images to follow in August!

2. slothead

slothead Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 14, 2012
    Frederick, MD
    Mattia, Do you mean that y our charger isn't working in the Galapagos? And where were you when it worked correctly? (I am thinking about commercial power, voltages and frequencies.)

3. mattia

May 3, 2012
    The Netherlands
    Worked in the US while in transit but Ecaudor should be the same (110v standard US voltages) but doesn't on Galapagos. Either something shorted while at sea, or broke in transit.

Don't have the OEM one with me, just the Wasabi third party thing. Light stays green when it should go red while charging and then switch off.

4. mattia

May 3, 2012
    The Netherlands
    Worked in the US while in transit but Ecaudor should be the same (110v standard US voltages) but doesn't on Galapagos. Either something shorted while at sea, or broke in transit.

Don't have the OEM one with me, just the Wasabi third party thing. Light stays green when it should go red while charging and then switch off.

5. mattia

May 3, 2012
    The Netherlands
    Even worse suck: having almost all your memory cards stolen. Kept them seperate from the cameras on purpose, so I have those. Bye bye all those beautiful Galapagos shots :(

hopefully my travel buddies still have a few copies stashed on their PC. The one time I donĀ“t carry an external harddisk for backups, I get screwed.

6. Chrisnmn

Chrisnmn Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 26, 2012
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Chris
    oh man that sucks!. but hopefully you still had an amazing time with your buddies.

7. dornblaser

dornblaser Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 13, 2012
    Chicago-area
    David Dornblaser
    OUCH!!!!!!