Uprade for my GF1? OMD, GX1? Nope - going with Raleigh Talus Mountain bike

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by paullgj, Apr 27, 2012.

1. paullgj

paullgj Mu-43 Regular

Sep 16, 2011
    Brownsville, TX
    Which "upgrade" for my GF1? New Olympus OM-D? GX1? I struggled a bit and finally decided to plunk down the $600 for a new Raleigh Talus 5.0 mountain bike. So my "off-road" camera kit now consists of GF1 with three lenses - 20, 14-45, and 45-200, plus a Leica D LUX 5. I really like the GF1 for travel and probably would've gone for the GX1 instead of the Olympus, but figured the trail bike will help both my health and photography more than a new camera body. FWIW, I shoot mainly ISO 100-800, not into the really low light stuff, unless it's with a tripod
  2. spinyman

spinyman Mu-43 Top Veteran

Nov 19, 2010
    San Diego
  3. Luckypenguin

Luckypenguin .

Oct 9, 2010
    Brisbane, Australia
    A new bike instead of a new camera? Go wash your mouth out with soap :tongue:
    • Like Like x 1
  4. flash

flash Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Apr 29, 2010
    1 hour from Sydney Australia.
    Great idea. I bought a road bike as a Christmas present to my self instead of a lens. Now I spend more time shooting for fun than I have in years because I can hike for a couple of hours without coughing up a lung. It helps with camera shake as well.

Well done.

5. The Minimalist

The Minimalist Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 19, 2011
    I've been thinking of getting on my bike and taking the camera. I can easily take my complete kit with me.
  6. Just Jim

Just Jim Mu-43 Top Veteran

Oct 20, 2011
    nice. get an insert for a baclpack, and hace fun
  7. htorres06

htorres06 New to Mu-43

Sep 2, 2011
    Haha I just downgraded from a nex 5n w viewfinder to a gf1 w viewfinder to upgrade from a hardtail mountain bike to an all-mountain mountain bike. Definitely worth it imo!!