Uploading images from ipad

~tc~

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Is it possible to upload images from the iPad to your gallery on here?

If so, how?

Streetshooter

Administrator Emeritus
Should be if ya have net connection.

Go to YOUR gallery. On the top right click..
Upload images. The gallery browser will open.
Select browse and find the image on your machine.
Click on the file... Click ok and it should upload.
Make sure to click save.

Grant

Mu-43 Veteran
to convince myself that it is economically wise.

Warning: don't pick up or play with an iPad if you don't want to walk out of the store with one. My son lent me his for three days and I didn't want to give it back so I ended up buying my own.

So what do I use it for?

In not particular order:

It's the best web surfing device I have.

I keep all my photographic manuals, flash cards, and reference material on it for easy access.

It carries my electronic portfolio.

I do a number of talks in the area and it carries slide shows (Photomagico) and movies (FinalCut) I use in my presentations.

I use it as a backup computer for my teaching.

It is a great GPS device for when I looking for those remote shooting location.

I use my laptop for running slide competitions at the local camera club and I record all the results with my iPad using Numbers.

I have my contacts and calendar on it and it sink with our computer network.

I keep a database of my image on it thanks to Bento.

I run my Keynotes presentation from it.

It is a note taker and general word processing.

When I have to wait I play solitaire, sudoku, chess, listen to music, read books or watch a movie.

The only dedicated photo app I use is a DOF calculator.

I am told you can, in the field, down load you images to it but I don't as I am a frugal photographer and seldom fill up a memory card.

~ Be careful I think we have discussed wants and needs before ~ :biggrin:

~tc~

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
I bought mine for travel, and so mostly use it for keeping track of flight info, as a book/magazine reader, music, a few games, etc. However I just got the camera connector, and can copy my pictures off the card and onto here to share them with the family, and it's working great for that, but as Grant stated, it doesn't appear I can do much else with them from there ...

flash

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Gordon
I bought mine for travel, and so mostly use it for keeping track of flight info, as a book/magazine reader, music, a few games, etc. However I just got the camera connector, and can copy my pictures off the card and onto here to share them with the family, and it's working great for that, but as Grant stated, it doesn't appear I can do much else with them from there ...

Have a look at photogene.

Gordon.

Diane B

Mu-43 Regular
I'd suggest Filterstorm also which will feel comfortable with anyone using PS, tho' of course just for jpegs. i use both (Photogene too). I generally upload in the field or on trips but keep my cards as is until I get home to upload into Lightroom. I transfer processed photos from main computer to Ipad via Dropbox which Is integrated with a number of apps I use. Love my Ipad

Diane B

Diane B

Mu-43 Regular
Can anything accept RAW on the iPad?

RAWs are uploaded with the Camera Connector kit but the embedded jpegs are shown and those are what are used for any processing you do with any apps on the Ipad.

IIGQ4U

Mu-43 Regular
RAWs are uploaded with the Camera Connector kit but the embedded jpegs are shown and those are what are used for any processing you do with any apps on the Ipad.

You are partially incorrect.

Filterstorm allows the user to edit Bitmap images created from the Raw files. This capability however is dependent upon your camera and whether or not Apple has updated Raw compatibility. When this compatibility is lacking (Such as with the Panasonic GF2), a 1920x1440 resolution preview JPEG can be edited. Additionally, the iPad stores the actual image Raw file for transfer to a computer.

Filterstorm allows Raw exports up to 22MP from the iPad 2 and 7.5 MP from the iPad.

While some forums may not allow photos to be uploaded directly from your iPad, applications such as Photobucket allow images to be uploaded from your iPad for publishing on forums, websites, etc.

FilterStorm is my go to editing application on the iPad due to its ability to add layers while PhotoGene is a solid backup and has very good noise reduction.

I find the iPad to be a great tool for image editing, the majority of images I edit are made on my iPad.

Good luck with your decision.

IIGQ4U

Mu-43 Regular
Here is a brief example/tutorial on how to transfer your iPad images onto a web forum:

9752d98d.png
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

28463ef5.png

ffb1f0cf.png

03599e23.png

22d20f9d.png

ca54130d.png

Hopefully this helps!

This post has been created with, edited on, and sent from an iPad :smile:

flikmy

Mu-43 Regular
You are partially incorrect.

Filterstorm allows the user to edit Bitmap images created from the Raw files. This capability however is dependent upon your camera and whether or not Apple has updated Raw compatibility. When this compatibility is lacking (Such as with the Panasonic GF2), a 1920x1440 resolution preview JPEG can be edited. Additionally, the iPad stores the actual image Raw file for transfer to a computer.

Filterstorm allows Raw exports up to 22MP from the iPad 2 and 7.5 MP from the iPad.

While some forums may not allow photos to be uploaded directly from your iPad, applications such as Photobucket allow images to be uploaded from your iPad for publishing on forums, websites, etc.

FilterStorm is my go to editing application on the iPad due to its ability to add layers while PhotoGene is a solid backup and has very good noise reduction.

I find the iPad to be a great tool for image editing, the majority of images I edit are made on my iPad.

Good luck with your decision.

Hi, I noticed that you said that the GF2 is not supported. I've been trying to find a list of cameras that are supported by the iPad. Is there a way to find/verify this? I know that I can import raw photos from my GF2, but I'm unsure if they are actually raw images when I view them under "photos".

IIGQ4U

Mu-43 Regular
You are not viewing the Raw files from the GF2 on the iPad. If you pay attention to the resolution on any iPad photo editing program, you will see that the maximum 4:3 resolution size is always 1920x1440. This is of course because we do not have access to the Raw data. Unfortunately until Apple updates this, we will be unable to access the Raw data on the iPad for editing.

I really don't understand why this is the case seeing as the GF2 is supported under both Aperture 3 and iPhoto.

IIGQ4U

Mu-43 Regular
The iPad only allows editing of the preview JPEG files from the GF1 and GF2. The Raw information is not accessible.

What would normally happen is the image is converted to a Bitmap created from the Raw file for editing with the Filterstorm application on the iPad. The file is then exported as a full resolution 8 bit per pixel Bitmap.

I believe that the original iPad can export up to 8 Megapixels while the iPad 2 can export up to a 22 Megapixel or so image.

artsifrtsy

Mu-43 Regular
I am having trouble uploading images to the forum. If I use Forum Runner or the MU 43 app I get a parser error no matter how much I reduce the image. If I use Tapatalk the images are severely downgraded if I have them host the images. I have not been able to upload forum hosted images.

Latest threads

Top Bottom