1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Updated Threads Missing?

Discussion in 'Help and Feedback' started by Wisertime, Oct 15, 2013.

1. Wisertime

Wisertime Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 6, 2013
    Philly
    Steve
    Great...but now the unread threads notification is gone. Anyone else notice?

2. stw

stw Mu-43 Regular

Jul 23, 2013
    I want to echo what others have said - this is a great site and it's been very helpful to me. Thank you, sir! I have a baby as well, so totally understand the pressures on your time!

I happened upon this thread when I wanted to report something that looks to be broken. A few days ago when we got onto mu-43.com, we would see:

mu43.PNG

It used to have a "# of unread messages since your last visit" link. Is it possible to have that added back? Very helpful to go straight to unread threads.

Thanks again!

3. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    That was intentional as I'm trying to use as few mods as possible to eliminate sources of bugs. Was that a feature you found very valuable to have?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Mu-43 mobile app

4. Wisertime

Wisertime Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 6, 2013
    Philly
    Steve
    I see...I saw the thread about the html after posting this. It was useful, but I suppose I can make to with the list on the right of the page or actually get more work done!..thanks

5. Cruzan80

Cruzan80 Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 23, 2012
    Denver, Co
    Sean Rastsmith
    Hey All,
    Just wondering if it is a problem on my end, or of everyone else is missing the "X threads updated since last visit" that used to appear right below the Welcome, [Username] on the upper right. Was a great way to see everything without having to go forum by forum.

6. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    I just merged 3 threads where this was being discussed, hence it being a little disjointed. Seems like multiple members are missing this feature. I will re-implement it later this evening.

7. Cruzan80

Cruzan80 Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 23, 2012
    Denver, Co
    Sean Rastsmith
    Yeah, I posted this before I saw the activity elsewhere. Figured I would leave it so we had one thread about it, instead of several posts spread across different threads.

Personally, I liked it quite a bit, as I found that the 101 active posts may not contain everything that has been updated since I was last on. Though I don't actively post in all forums, I like the ability to see everything at one glance, compared to going forum by forum. I understand completely about the security aspect, though. Was there a specific reason you think this mod/plugin/whatever might be vulnerable, or is it just trying to eliminate any possible holes due to not being "stock"?

8. dougjgreen

dougjgreen Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 5, 2013
    San Diego
    Doug Green
    The other thing that is also missing in from the same place was:

Your Notifications: which included Thanks received and Unread PMs

9. Cruzan80

Cruzan80 Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 23, 2012
    Denver, Co
    Sean Rastsmith
    I do see the PMs there, listed as unread x, total y.

10. stw

stw Mu-43 Regular

Jul 23, 2013
    Amin -

Thanks for the quick reply. I did find a quick workaround that is sufficient for me. If people click on Quick Links, they can see "today's posts".

mu43-b.PNG

That looks like it is probably the same as new threads since your last visit?

11. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Just trying to keep as close to stock as possible

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Mu-43 mobile app

12. Cruzan80

Cruzan80 Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 23, 2012
    Denver, Co
    Sean Rastsmith
    Only if you check it every day...

Amin, I don't want to come across the wrong way. I appreciate all the work you are doing, especially with a new family, to make sure that the site and all of our information is safe. Having worked as a retail manager, I understand having to deal with high expectations. Thanks for trying to address this in a way that helps us all get everything we want.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Petrochemist

Petrochemist Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 21, 2013
    N Essex, UK
    Mike
    The missing link was the one I clicked most often on the site. I was actually working my way through the list when it disappeared :)

The old link can effectively be followed by clicking 'New Posts' in the header. Though I have to say I found the number of posts listed useful.
    If it's no trouble I'd prefer to have it back, but if it adds to security risks (or is awkward t re-implement) I'll manage without quite happily!

14. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Thanks all for your input. This mod has been restored.

15. stw

stw Mu-43 Regular

Jul 23, 2013
    Thanks, Amin! You rock!