1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Updated O PRO road map.

Discussion in 'Micro 4/3 News and Rumors' started by Johbremat, Aug 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zee

Zee Mu-43 Top Veteran

2nd half 2015? And 2016 for the 300? *sigh*

Oh wait, ok, that actually means late 2014 for the 40-150, and *2015* for th eother two.

Z...

2. T N Args

T N Args Agent Photocateur

Dec 3, 2013
    Adelaide, Australia
    call me Arg
    What does 'FY2015' mean? I know 'financial year', but what time period is that?

3. nstelemark

nstelemark Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 28, 2013
    Halifax, Nova Scotia Canada
    Larry
    • Like Like x 1
  4. BobbyTan

BobbyTan Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 26, 2013
    Long Beach, CA
  5. Ross the fiddler

Ross the fiddler Mu-43 Hall of Famer

It's pointless using 'spring' for a description (it would be autumn for us). What he needed to know was the Fiscal Year for Olympus ends on the 31st March.

In other words, we'll probably see the 40-150 lens in early 2015 (of the calendar year) or if we're lucky, late 2014.

See this thread. https://www.mu-43.com/showthread.php?t=68011

• Like Like x 1
  6. jjinh

jjinh Mu-43 Regular

Jul 6, 2014
  7. nstelemark

May 28, 2013
    Larry
    Well in all fairness it is Spring for olympus corporate.

8. Ross the fiddler

Like I said. "It's pointless using seasons." Please use something we can all relate to no matter where we are in the world (not just the northern hemisphere or North America).

9. nstelemark

May 28, 2013
    Larry
    Ok, next time I won't bother to link to the other thread. Clearly that was pointless.

10. Ross the fiddler

Probably was since I & another poster linked to it as well. My thanks goes to robbie36 for his explanation of the meaning for FY as follows:

Strange, he didn't refer to any season in all of that! Strange heh?

11. nstelemark

May 28, 2013
    Larry
    I ski regularly with a bunch of Aussies, none of us have a problem with the concept of "winter". Odd that. Clearly pointing out the other thread first was pointless. And my spring and the oly corporate spring line up. Funny that since the discussion is around the Oly corporate FY.

I'm sure you want all times in GMT too. Sheesh.

12. Johbremat

Johbremat Mu-43 Regular

Dec 5, 2013
    Not to fret, fella. Most other Aussies understand that pretty much the rest of the world is above our little island, and that anything newsworthy referencing the seasons are in opposition to us.

13. Johbremat

Johbremat Mu-43 Regular

Dec 5, 2013
    Or you could have read the rumour in its entirety, which clearly states what the Japanese fiscal term is relative to the rest of the world.

14. Johbremat

Johbremat Mu-43 Regular

Dec 5, 2013
    UNIX time or NTP epoch only, thanks.

:tongue:

• Like Like x 1
  15. Ross the fiddler

Probably because they would be a little disappointed skiing without snow if they went north in our winter. I'm sorry, but you don't seem to have any understanding there is actually a world out there beside your own, and that the whole whole revolves around your little area. I'll leave you to your little world then. It's just as well we don't book our air flights by the season otherwise there could be chaos & missed flights galore. You know? We actually use a calendar for a reason! And thankfully we name our months to avoid more confusion too.

16. Ross the fiddler

I thought I would add a little more insight into a Fiscal Year & how it can differ in different parts of the world as we are discussing the Fiscal Year for Olympus in Japan that goes from the 1st April to the 31st March (which also happens to be for the Canadian govt as well, but not for individuals) whereas different time scales happen in various countries.

See here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fiscal_year

17. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Thread closed for obvious reasons.

• Like Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.