Updated O PRO road map.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ross the fiddler

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Ross
What does 'FY2015' mean? I know 'financial year', but what time period is that?
It's pointless using 'spring' for a description (it would be autumn for us). What he needed to know was the Fiscal Year for Olympus ends on the 31st March.

In other words, we'll probably see the 40-150 lens in early 2015 (of the calendar year) or if we're lucky, late 2014.

See this thread. https://www.mu-43.com/showthread.php?t=68011

nstelemark

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Larry
It's pointless using 'spring' for a description (it would be autumn for us). What he needed to know was the Fiscal Year for Olympus ends on the 31st March.

In other words, we'll probably see the 40-150 lens in early 2015 (of the calendar year) or if we're lucky, late 2014.

See this thread. https://www.mu-43.com/showthread.php?t=68011
Well in all fairness it is Spring for olympus corporate.

Ross the fiddler

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Ross
Ok, next time I won't bother to link to the other thread. Clearly that was pointless.
Probably was since I & another poster linked to it as well. My thanks goes to robbie36 for his explanation of the meaning for FY as follows:

Maybe you slightly misunderstood what Olympus is saying. Olympus mentions FY2015 and FY2016. The 'FY' stands for fiscal year and Olympus's fiscal year ends in March. So second half FY2015 means sometime after the end of September (ie next month) and next March. And FY2016 means some time between the end of next March and March 2016. So the 40-150 may well be released by the end of this year and the other 2 by the end of next.
Strange, he didn't refer to any season in all of that! Strange heh?

nstelemark

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Larry
Probably was since I & another poster linked to it as well. My thanks goes to robbie36 for his explanation of the meaning for FY as follows:

Strange, he didn't refer to any season in all of that! Strange heh?
I ski regularly with a bunch of Aussies, none of us have a problem with the concept of "winter". Odd that. Clearly pointing out the other thread first was pointless. And my spring and the oly corporate spring line up. Funny that since the discussion is around the Oly corporate FY.

I'm sure you want all times in GMT too. Sheesh.

Johbremat

Mu-43 Regular
Ok, next time I won't bother to link to the other thread. Clearly that was pointless.
Not to fret, fella. Most other Aussies understand that pretty much the rest of the world is above our little island, and that anything newsworthy referencing the seasons are in opposition to us.

Ross the fiddler

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Ross
I ski regularly with a bunch of Aussies, none of us have a problem with the concept of "winter". Odd that. Clearly pointing out the other thread first was pointless. And my spring and the oly corporate spring line up. Funny that since the discussion is around the Oly corporate FY.

I'm sure you want all times in GMT too. Sheesh.
Probably because they would be a little disappointed skiing without snow if they went north in our winter. I'm sorry, but you don't seem to have any understanding there is actually a world out there beside your own, and that the whole whole revolves around your little area. I'll leave you to your little world then. It's just as well we don't book our air flights by the season otherwise there could be chaos & missed flights galore. You know? We actually use a calendar for a reason! And thankfully we name our months to avoid more confusion too.

Ross the fiddler

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Ross
I thought I would add a little more insight into a Fiscal Year & how it can differ in different parts of the world as we are discussing the Fiscal Year for Olympus in Japan that goes from the 1st April to the 31st March (which also happens to be for the Canadian govt as well, but not for individuals) whereas different time scales happen in various countries.

See here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fiscal_year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom