Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Steve
Last edited:

Mike Wingate

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Mike Wingate
I have shot with the mk.1 version on, very nice, but expensive. Now we get the new one with no aperture ring, control from camera, fine, plus exif details. Great. Still shooting with my P7-14mm. If I did not have the Puwa zoom, I would buy one,, small and fast, plus takes filters.

Real Name
Andrew L
Auto-exposure and only focus is manual, so it should have EXIF as well, right? That's a nice update. Sounds like a very fun lens.

RS86

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Riku
Very nice. It's even smaller and lighter. At some point in distant future I might upgrade my Olympus 9-18mm to this.

Can someone predict how will the smaller amount of blades affect performance and sun stars? I have the impression that this lens had very good sun stars compared to most M43 lenses.

Ghostbuggy

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Phill
Very nice. It's even smaller and lighter. At some point in distant future I might upgrade my Olympus 9-18mm to this.
Same here, I have been thinking quite a bit about replacing my 9-18 with the Laowa 7.5 - I shoot the 9-18 at the widest end most of the time anyways.
Havin aperture control and full EXIF data is a useful plus.

RAH

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Rich
Can someone predict how will the smaller amount of blades affect performance and sun stars? I have the impression that this lens had very good sun stars compared to most M43 lenses.
Matti Sulanto has a YouTube review of the new model:
He talks about sun star performance starting at 7:07. He takes several sample pics but doesn't mention how it compares to the earlier model.

Real Name
Andrew L
Yeah, the 10mm f/2 and 50mm f/2.8 Macro in their lineup have electronic contacts, with EXIF and aperture control.
I wonder if they'll ever do this with the 17/2? That lens is interesting to me mainly for the low price and distance scale, seems like it would make for nice street shooting zone focus.

mawz

Mu-43 Veteran
I wonder if they'll ever do this with the 17/2? That lens is interesting to me mainly for the low price and distance scale, seems like it would make for nice street shooting zone focus.

I'm not sure, they're probably have to up the price on the 17, but it would make sense otherwise.

That said, you can now get a used m.Zuiko 17/1.8 for not much more on the used market (I just got one for $300CAD) and it has a distance scale as well.

Danny_SWE

Mu-43 All-Pro
The Mk I is a wonderful lens! Really amazing. This will be a killer.

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom