Updated firmware for Panasonic GF1/GH1/G1

Discussion in 'Micro 4/3 News and Rumors' started by Amin Sabet, Apr 20, 2010.

1. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator Moderator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Press release:

April 20, 2010: Panasonic releases new firmwares for the DMC-GF1, GH1 and G1 of Lumix G Micro System to enhance the potential of the cameras and compatibility.

Firmware ver.1.2 for DMC-GF1
    • Operation menu for image stabilizer will be added to the menu options when the LUMIX G VARIO 14-42 mm / F3.5-5.6 ASPH. / MEGA O.I.S. (H-FS014042) is attached.
    • Improved AF (auto focus) performance with lenses of other manufacturer
    Firmware ver.1.3 for DMC-GH1
    • Operation menu for image stabilizer will be added to the menu options when the LUMIX G VARIO 14-42 mm / F3.5-5.6 ASPH. / MEGA O.I.S. (H-FS014042) is attached.
    • Availability of AF performance in FHD (full HD) movie recording mode with Four Thirds lenses that are compatible with contrast AF
    • Improved AF performance in movie recording with LEICA DG MACRO-ELMARIT 45mm / F2.8 ASPH. / MEGA O.I.S. (H-ES045)
    • Improved modulation accuracy of flash
    Firmware ver.1.5 for DMC-G1
    • Improved modulation accuracy of flash
    The new firmware will be available worldwide at GMT: 8:00 the 10th of May, 2010 at http://panasonic.jp/support/global/cs/dsc/.

• Like Like x 2
  2. cstevens

cstevens Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 11, 2010
    UK
    Looks average to me - doesnt seem to address any of the software issues that people have been complaining about.

The GF1 update hardly seems worth bothering with for those who use panny lenses.

3. grum

grum Mu-43 Regular

Apr 2, 2010
    Yeah, shame they are not addressing the max 1/30 shutter speed in auto iso thing.

Wonder if it will stop 3rd party batteries from working again?

4. bilzmale

bilzmale Mu-43 All-Pro

Why is there such a lead time between the announcements and the availability? Olympus is just as bad.

5. cstevens

cstevens Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 11, 2010
    UK
    Maybe they are waiting to see how much we bitch about stuff then surprise us.

Doubt it though!.

I am guessing it keeps the fanboys happy, I dont think Nikon/Canon do this pre-release announcements.

6. spark

spark Mu-43 Regular

Feb 8, 2010
    Toronto
    Just a reminder that the firmware is up on the Panasonic site... in case anyone wants in.

Cheers.

7. Boyzo

Boyzo Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 3, 2010
    I agree with Craig ... its Ho Hum

8. Jonas B

Jonas B Guest

Apr 23, 2010
    Gothenburg, Sweden
    Ah, for the G1 and GH1 it is an improvement; the in-built flash now works with adapted lenses and TTL metering for external flashes is improved. Half full or half empty, one can say this should have worked from the beginning and it is nice they finally got us there.
    My third party batteries from SIDO and MaximalPower (lol, where did they get that name from?) still works.

Jonas

9. Matt Leaf

Matt Leaf New to Mu-43

Jun 29, 2010
    hey peeps,

i installed the firmware... does it mean you can auto-focus in movie mode with the 20mm pancake, or am i mistaken?

thanks