Update on Adobe LR and Win 10 issues.

Discussion in 'Image Processing' started by So Thankful, Dec 30, 2015.

1. So Thankful

So Thankful Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 9, 2015
    Midwest
    Well I have dumped Adobe, thanks to recommendations from folks here I have gone with ACDsee 9 Ultimate 64bit.
    It works great and includes layers. All done in a non destructive environment. It fits my workflow better than LR as well. I like to set up folders throughout the editing process. No exporting.
    For those that participated in the other threads, Thank You so much for your help!

2. mcasan

mcasan Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 26, 2014
    Atlanta
    Can you do round trips with plugins like Nik, Topaz....etc.?

3. So Thankful

Jun 9, 2015
    Midwest
    Not sure, just learning the program. I will look into it.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

4. mcasan

mcasan Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 26, 2014
    Atlanta
    I just saw the killer limitation for me....it is Windows only. The moment I retired I dropped Windows like a hot potato and went back to Mac.

• Like Like x 1
  5. So Thankful

Jun 9, 2015
    Midwest
    I went the other direction. Apple is way to expensive.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. walter_j

walter_j Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 10, 2013
    Hagwilget, B.C., Canada
    Walter
    The last windows 10 update seems to be a mess, where my LR really slowed down, and no longer sees my nas4free backup server. You don't have a choice about updates to install in windows 10, so there's issues I don't know what to do about in windows 10. Maybe try aftershot in linux again. I'll have to try printing photos from linux, since drivers are a problem

7. GBarrington

GBarrington Mu-43 Veteran

Last edited: Jan 5, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  8. GBarrington

GBarrington Mu-43 Veteran

Well, there is the Mac version of ACDSee Pro 3. (Windows is on version 9). It's support is spotty with the exception of Mac OS upgrade compatibility. And to be honest, I don't recall even hearing about anyone who likes it all that much. I gather the problems don't seem to be with the raw development, so much as the photo management tab. I guess there must be SOME economic benefit to fielding a less than adequate Mac version, but I don't see it. ACDSee REALLY needs to decide if they are in the Mac market or not IMO.

That being said, they are moving to offer products in the iOS market pretty aggressively at the expense of the Android and Chrome market. (Naturally, I use Android - and for many of the same reasons I chose Windows devices).

If I were running ACDSee, I'd probably make all the wrong decisions, but I'd love to see a strong ACDSee presence in Chrome or Linux.