Update - em10II to Pen-F

Moula

Mu-43 Regular
Two things dicourage me from such step: price and articulating screen. Maybe some future Mark solves them.

AlexMachine

Mu-43 Veteran
I would love to have a Pen F, I was dead set to get one, but… viewfinder. I couldn't get used to 1.23x mag. vs 1.48 on my EM1. So I got Em5 mkII as a second body. I really hope they re inroduce some version of Pen F.

RS86

Mu-43 Veteran
I would love to have a Pen F, I was dead set to get one, but… viewfinder. I couldn't get used to 1.23x mag. vs 1.48 on my EM1. So I got Em5 mkII as a second body. I really hope they re inroduce some version of Pen F.
I'm not totally sure of the differences, but E-M5 II at least has TFT EVF rather than OLED in PEN-F and newer Olympus cameras. Magnification is worse, but otherwise it should be better in some ways.

Maybe someone who knows more about it will chime in. It isn't a downgrade in my understanding, depending on some preferences of course.

Last edited:

pdk42

One of the "Eh?" team
On current/recent Olympus cameras there are two EVF panels:

- OLED panel with lower resolution and magnification - EM10.2 and .3, Pen-F, EM5.3

- TFT panel with higher resolution and higher magnification - EM1 (all variants), EM5.2, EM1X (with slightly higher magnification than others).

I personally prefer the larger TFT panel, but its colour accuracy and saturation is not as good as the OLED panel. The polarisation issue doesn't bother me because I never wear polarised sunglasses.

RS86

Mu-43 Veteran
Not sure where to put this, just a bit amused. I took E-M10 II for a walk this evening for a change. Easy to grab the bag for a bit worse weather and less weight.

What I found out is that the LCD screen goes black when I turn it downward. Straight or upward it shows the picture.

So my upgrade had good basis, I just didn't know it until now. :rofl: Seems someone is trying to sell used PEN-F in Finland for over 800 €, so very happy with the 550 €. A bit sad otherwise though.

ac12

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Not sure where to put this, just a bit amused. I took E-M10 II for a walk this evening for a change. Easy to grab the bag for a bit worse weather and less weight.

What I found out is that the LCD screen goes black when I turn it downward. Straight or upward it shows the picture.

So my upgrade had good basis, I just didn't know it until now. :rofl: Seems someone is trying to sell used PEN-F in Finland for over 800 €, so very happy with the 550 €. A bit sad otherwise though.
Lucky timing

Moula

Mu-43 Regular
.... I took E-M10 II for a walk this evening for a change.... What I found out is that the LCD screen goes black when I turn it downward. Straight or upward it shows the picture...
My E-M10-II started with this behavior 3 months ago. But I'm not going go to replace it yet.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom