UPDATE - E-P5 firmware update - conflicting responses

SS76

Mu-43 Regular
So, I contacted both Olympus USA and Olympus Japan, and got 2 different responses.

Here is what I get from Olympus America:

"Thank you for contacting Olympus Technical Support. We are sorry to learn of the situation.

We appreciate your comments and concerns, and have forwarded these comments to the appropriate department for review and consideration.

We are hoping for the next firmware update for the E-P5 camera to include the 0 sec anti shock function Unfortunately, at this time we do not have an exact date or more detailed information for the next firmware update version for E-P5 camera, but we are hoping for this to be released soon. Please stay tuned for future firmware updates for the E-P5 camera, by checking at the following web page:

http://www.olympus.co.jp/en/support/imsg/digicamera/download/software/firm/e1/

Best Regards,

Olympus Technical Support
Olympus Imaging America Inc.
Toll Free Technical Support Hotline 1-888-553-4448"

I get this response from Olympus Japan:

"Thank you for your e-mail.

We are sorry, but we have no information about firmware update for

E-P5 at this point.

We will pass your message about the firmware update for E-P5 to our appropriate department as a valuable voice of the customer.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,

C.Nishino

Customer Support Center

OLYMPUS IMAGING CORP. Tokyo, Japan"

drd1135

Zen Snapshooter
Real Name
Steve
They seem consistent enough. Neither knows much, although one seems to "hope" it's coming. :rolleyes: At least they don't contradict each other.

SRHEdD

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Steve
There is probably some other feature pending in a new model that would require a more elaborate firmware update for the E-P5...

...I can hope, can't I?

D7k1

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Just to keep all of the posts about this on the same page:

Rumors Update: for the update about the rumor on the update:)

MarkRyan

Instagram: @MRSallee
Here's a reply from Olympus US this morning.

Thank you for contacting Olympus Technical Support.

At this time, we do not have any updated information regarding the upcoming firmware for the E-P5 camera

We appreciate your feedback in regards to adding the 0 sec anti shock functionality to E-P5 camera. We will forward your comments to the appropriate department for review and consideration. Thank you.

MarkRyan

Instagram: @MRSallee
Interesting, but that reply sounds like they are indeed expecting a firmware update like the response I got.
Funny, I didn't even notice that -- but you're right. That note definitely suggests acknowledgment of an upcoming firmware update.

"...we do not have any updated information regarding the upcoming firmware for the E-P5 camera"

jnewell

Mu-43 All-Pro
That's sort of intriguing. If it had ben an indefinite article, you'd say it wasn't coming. The use of the definite article puts a different spin on it. :smile:

dhazeghi

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Dara
While it would be nice to have some definitive information on this, the poor state of customer service/support means they're probably better off just keeping quiet until the update, whatever it is, appears.

D7k1

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
If there were issues with the update, I for one am glad they did not release it until it is ready for prime time. 43rumors is pretty accurate and I would expect his is a little closer to real sources than we are.

MajorMagee

Mu-43 All-Pro
It's the "soon" part of their quote that I'd like to have more defined, so I can stop checking the Olympus website twice a day. :rolleyes:

SS76

Mu-43 Regular
It's the "soon" part of their quote that I'd like to have more defined, so I can stop checking the Olympus website twice a day. :rolleyes:

Looks like my initial response from Olympus America was the most honest. Very happy this update has happened and is here!

SS76

Mu-43 Regular
All hail the gods of Olympus!

Yes, it makes me feel like they care about their customers who have shelled out big bucks for these camera's. Much like how Fuji is taking care of their customers. This type of thing will make me a loyal customer when traditionally I wouldn't hesitate looking at other manufacturers!

Latest threads

Top Bottom