1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Up The Creek Without An Umbrella

Discussion in 'Nature' started by goldenlight, Nov 4, 2012.

1. goldenlight

goldenlight Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 30, 2010
    Essex
    John
    ..... but we didn't need one! I've had a friend staying for a few days and on Friday we went for a walk along Paglesham Creek on the Essex Coast. It was a bit of a wild and changeable day, with brilliant sunshine and ferocious showers chasing each other across the sky. Luckily for the most part we walked in sunshine, watching the showers sweeping all around us. I even got a few pictures.

Caught this one just before the light went, althought the rain did miss us!
    PAGLESHAM_024_e_r_s.

This was a bit ambitious, even with the improved dynamic range (over previous Olympus cameras) of my E-M5. If I had a tripod with me I would have tried several exposures for tonemapping or exposure blending but I don't walk as well as I used to and purposely kept the weight I had to carry to an absolute minimum. The highlights are hopelessly blown and I wouldn't exibit this for sale but I do like the atmosphere, for my personal collection.
    PAGLESHAM_031_e_c_r_s.

Following a particularly narrow squeek with a passing shower we were treated to this rainbow and clearing skies. I hastily selected an old boat to juxtapose with the rainbow for a bit of foreground interest. Ideally I would have liked a feature a bit nearer to the rainbow, but there wasn't much about and this transient light never lasts very long.
    PAGLESHAM_042_e_r_s.

• Like Like x 9
  2. Lawrence A.

Lawrence A. Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 14, 2012
    New Mexico
    Larry
    Nice shots, the third one in particular. It's stunning.

• Like Like x 1
  3. North20

North20 Mu-43 Veteran

Oct 18, 2012
    East of the Cascades, PNW
    Pat
    Like them all, but agree with Lawrence A. that the last one is a beauty :smile:

• Like Like x 1
  4. dogs100

dogs100 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Nov 12, 2011
    N Devon UK
    Geoff
    I like the first one ... it gave me a sense of anticipation.

• Like Like x 1
  5. aragorn1980

aragorn1980 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 10, 2012
    Athens Greece
    Takis
    Beautiful shots!Incredible colors!

6. rhoydotp

rhoydotp Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 5, 2012
    Toronto, Ont
    rpamparo
    Nice! When I saw the first one, I thought it was great ... until I saw the last one. Perfect timing, beautiful compo, nice foreground and great colors! PERFECTION :)