1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Unusual Lr behavior when try to develop raw

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Lou616, Jul 11, 2013.

1. Lou616

Lou616 Mu-43 Rookie

Jun 6, 2013
    Holland, MI
    Lou Pepoy
    I am new to the E-M5 system. Just returned from a trip and want to develop my images in Lr4. The images show up in the filmstrip. If I click on an image to start developing, the images sometimes comes up or I get a gray screen. If I start to do development of an image that does come up, I see "no" changes taking place. If I go to another image and it comes up, do work, same results. Return to one I tried to work on, it has been modified (usually too far since I couldn't see what was going on). Some images that come up need cropping. Click on the crop tool and the image goes gray. Go to another image and the crop tool is open on it.

I never have had Lr behave like this (it's okay with other camera (Panasonic and Nikon) images I've made).

Any suggestions what's going on? (I did load the CD from Olympus and have Viewer 3 v.1.02).

2. Lou616

Lou616 Mu-43 Rookie

Jun 6, 2013
    Holland, MI
    Lou Pepoy
    I stand corrected about my first post. I'm having slowness of my Lr4 on other cameras' images, too.

Anyone experience similar behavior?

Lou

3. flash

flash Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Apr 29, 2010
    1 hour from Sydney Australia.
    Gordon
    LR 4 is known to have erratic behaviour. There are many complaints about lag, but not everyone experienced it. 4.3 seemed to solve most peoples issues but not all. Adobe never quite worked it out. LR 5 is much better in that respect.

Optimising your catalogue and trashing the preferences file helped some people. Save the old prefs file just in case though.

Gordon

Gordon

4. Lou616

Lou616 Mu-43 Rookie

Jun 6, 2013
    Holland, MI
    Lou Pepoy
    Thanks for the information. That's the first time I experienced the problem. I restarted Lr4 and all was okay!

Problem solved!

Lou

5. rgk

rgk Mu-43 Rookie

Hi,

Yes, LR4 seems very slow when using RAW files from new OMD.