Unsplash... from an Affinity Photo user's POV

ScottinPollock

Mu-43 Veteran
So I am perusing the additions in the new 1.7 version and came across the "Stock" tab. Three services are there for free stock photos. For the sake of this discussion I'll focus on one of them... Unsplash.

The following is a quote from their license page:

"More precisely, Unsplash grants you an irrevocable, nonexclusive, worldwide copyright license to download, copy, modify, distribute, perform, and use photos from Unsplash for free, including for commercial purposes, without permission from or attributing the photographer or Unsplash."

I don't even need to join... the images are just "there"! High quality, high resolution, searchable... over 800,000 of them! This is just crazy. And their website is well designed to boot. How do they generate revenue?

Last edited:

ijm5012

Mu-43 Legend
Real Name
Ian
The better question is why the hell are people putting their images on the site? Spending thousands of dollars on equipment, taking time to travel to a location, set up, shoot, edit, etc., only to give their work away for free.

I honestly don't get it.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom