1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Unobtrusive bag for 25mm and 75mm only?

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by kponds, Mar 16, 2014.

1. kponds

kponds Mu-43 Regular

Mar 18, 2013
    Tennessee
    I want a small, unobtrusive, and easy to access carrying system to hold only the 25mm (Panasonic version) and 75mm lens with hoods attached. I specifically DO NOT want the bag to be big enough to fit a body. Anything out there?

I do a lot of photo walks with the 14mm, 25mm, and 75mm. Carrying a real camera bag (I have a lowepro sling and a domke) is really unneccessary. Today, I just wear cargo pants/shorts and pocket the two lenses. But, when getting low perspective shots and whatnot, I worry about the lenses falling out of pockets or sitting on them. I'm going to India for three weeks and it would be nice to have some security as well.

I was looking at the BlackRapid SnapR 35 ... I think this is the right amount of space, but this system is clearly designed to hold the camera and not lenses, and with the side-loading it would be inconvenient (in many cases, have to take both lenses out to access the back lens).

Do you guys have any ideas?

2. oldracer

oldracer Mu-43 All-Pro

Oct 1, 2010
    USA
    Search "tactical pouch" There are lots of small belt and shoulder pouches out there. Maxpedition is one brand. Some are padded but even the unpadded ones are usually made with nylon that's stiff enough to serve.

3. stargate

stargate Mu-43 Regular

Aug 14, 2013
    Greece
    one solution that can be very practical is to glue two rear lens caps back to back and put both lenses in something like this

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/E17-Protector-Padded-Lens-Bag-Case-Pouch-E17-E17-New-/320763785789?pt=AU_Cameras_Photographic_Accessories&hash=item4aaf02f23d

I do not know the exact size of your lenses but you can find these lens cases in a variety of sizes. The case can be hung using the included strap or it can be attached to your belt with its built-in belt loop. The belt attachment is usually preferable because the case does not swing around.

4. andix

andix Mu-43 Regular

Jun 16, 2012
    The Snapr 35 may be too small for your lenses or a tight fit, with the caveat that you won't be able to access any lens of choice (they will sit one behind another and probably separated with a divider.)
    This could fit the 75mm and ride on your belt: http://store.lowepro.com/s-f-bottle-pouch

5. Replytoken

Replytoken Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 7, 2012
    Puget Sound
    Ken
    Is a Domke F-5XA too large for you? If so, then you could consider stargate's suggestion and then put the lenses in a Domke F-945 pouch, and if you want padding, then use a wrap. Tom Bihn also makes a discrete pouch called the Side Effect: http://www.tombihn.com/accessories/TB0412.html . This is small and somewhat versatile. Again, you could line it with a wrap for a bit of padding, or you could wrap each lens in its own wrap, depending on your shooting style and need of access.

Good luck,

--Ken