Universal Adapter

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by sprinke, Dec 25, 2011.

1. sprinke

sprinke Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 5, 2011
    Pasadena, CA
    Vitaly over on Personal-view.com (the guy who does the GH2 hacks) posted this interesting product made in Russia ... a Universal Adapter.

Adapter anylens - micro 4/3 Gfoto -> Adapters ->

He says it works really well.

(obviously not for adapting 4/3 to m4/3)
  2. UkrainianOne

UkrainianOne Mu-43 Regular

Jul 29, 2011
    Long Island, New York
    It looks horrible first off, second the russians also fix everything they have like that as well, a couple of screws, some pieces of metal, and "work just like new comrad!"
  3. addieleman

addieleman Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 5, 2010
    The Netherlands
    How much time would it take to change a lens in the field? 2 minutes or so, I guess, allowing dust 2 minutes to reach the sensor if you leave the adapter on the camera. Light leak is also a concern. For € 39 I can buy three adapters from HongKong. Only application I see is for exotic lenses where you can't get a dedicated adapter for, stuff maybe like Topcon or Miranda or Mamiya etc. (never checked if there are dedicated adapters for these though).
    • Like Like x 1
  4. zacster

zacster Mu-43 Regular

Nov 4, 2011
    Yea, I want to put screw marks on my Leica lenses. (Of course, I don't have any Leica lenses.)
  5. speedandstyle

speedandstyle Mu-43 Hall of Famer

"It's alive , ALIVE!" said Dr. Frankenstein.:eek:
  6. harrysue

harrysue Mu-43 Regular

Mar 12, 2011
    Nice idea, especially the screw thread to allow adjustment for perfect infinity focus. It needs some kind of light sealing where the lens mates. However, I'd worry about long heavy lenses falling off the set screws.

Miranda lenses have no M43 adapters and that being my first 35mm camera, I still have it plus a few lenses so I took apart a Vivitar 2X converter and epoxied the bayonet mount to a sacrificial M43 adapter base. Somewhat scruffy, but it works OK. Kind of fun to be again using the first 50mm lens I ever owned.
  7. fredlong

fredlong Just this guy...

Apr 18, 2011
    Massachusetts USA
    These have been around for long time yet no one ever talks about using one. It looks like a nightmare to use. I'd only use one for a lens that can't otherwise be adapted and it would be install and leave it alone.
  8. ripleys baby

ripleys baby Straw clutcher

Aug 10, 2011
    Good for

Filling your camara body with bits of paint ,bits of metal, bits of metal with paint on. :eek: