Unique file numbers in the E-M5

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by JoJo, Apr 3, 2013.

1. JoJo

JoJo Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 19, 2013
    Atlanta, GA
    JoJo
    It was easy to assign ID letters to the files in each of my 4/3 E5 cameras. Not so with the E-M5 cameras. They are set to keep numbering without starting over and that was easy to set. For batch processing purposes I need to have each camera's file number to include a LETTER such as X or Z at the beginning of the number. I have followed the manual's instructions several times but with no success. I can see the included letter in the menu but not in the file number when exported.

Ideas?:confused:

2. WasOM3user

WasOM3user Mu-43 Veteran

Oct 20, 2012
    Lancashire, UK
    Paul
    I did notice on mine if I changed the prefix I had to take the card out and put it back in for the change to take effect - not sure if this is how it's supposed to work.

3. JoJo

JoJo Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 19, 2013
    Atlanta, GA
    JoJo
    Hmmm! I will try that tonight.

4. JoJo

JoJo Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 19, 2013
    Atlanta, GA
    JoJo
    Well, that did not work. I just got off the phone with Olympus and their "tech rep" said it is not possible. I find that answer hard to believe! Why would the menu have a file edit section if it will not work?

HELP!

5. GaryAyala

GaryAyala Mu-43 Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    SoCal
    I have two OM-D and I named one GRAA and the other GRAB, this is the prefix on all my files so I know which camera took which image. I believe I did this under "Gears H" in Edit Filename.

6. JoJo

JoJo Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 19, 2013
    Atlanta, GA
    JoJo
    Problem solved! I removed the SD card and THEN entered the ID. It worked (at least one one camera).

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.