1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Unique file numbers in the E-M5

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by JoJo, Apr 3, 2013.

1. JoJo

JoJo Mu-43 Regular

Mar 19, 2013
    Atlanta, GA
    JoJo
    It was easy to assign ID letters to the files in each of my 4/3 E5 cameras. Not so with the E-M5 cameras. They are set to keep numbering without starting over and that was easy to set. For batch processing purposes I need to have each camera's file number to include a LETTER such as X or Z at the beginning of the number. I have followed the manual's instructions several times but with no success. I can see the included letter in the menu but not in the file number when exported.

Ideas?:confused:

2. WasOM3user

WasOM3user Mu-43 Veteran

Oct 20, 2012
    Lancashire, UK
    Paul
    I did notice on mine if I changed the prefix I had to take the card out and put it back in for the change to take effect - not sure if this is how it's supposed to work.

3. JoJo

JoJo Mu-43 Regular

Mar 19, 2013
    Atlanta, GA
    JoJo
    Hmmm! I will try that tonight.

4. JoJo

JoJo Mu-43 Regular

Mar 19, 2013
    Atlanta, GA
    JoJo
    Well, that did not work. I just got off the phone with Olympus and their "tech rep" said it is not possible. I find that answer hard to believe! Why would the menu have a file edit section if it will not work?

HELP!

5. GaryAyala

GaryAyala Mu-43 Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    SoCal
    I have two OM-D and I named one GRAA and the other GRAB, this is the prefix on all my files so I know which camera took which image. I believe I did this under "Gears H" in Edit Filename.

6. JoJo

JoJo Mu-43 Regular

Mar 19, 2013
    Atlanta, GA
    JoJo
    Problem solved! I removed the SD card and THEN entered the ID. It worked (at least one one camera).