Unbranded 25mm f1.4 C Mount lenses

noodlehaus

Mu-43 Veteran
Was looking for the Pentax and Elitar 25mm f/1.4 lenses on ebay and stumbled upon these:

25mm from johnjqx (US)

and

25mm from shortfin-trading (HK)

Bought one from the HK dealer. Not really setting high expectations but I'm hoping at least to get something usable :) Thought some of you might be interested.

Will be posting sample images once I get my hands on this.

kai.e.g.

Mu-43 Regular
Thanks, yes please post some results when you get it. I've seen those lenses floating around for the past few weeks - when I asked the seller what make they were, he just said "3rd party"! I'm usually totally toasted after 2 parties, let alone 3, so I can well understand his vagueness.

noodlehaus

Mu-43 Veteran
Lens arrived today. Will go and pick up an adapter later and hopefully post pics later. This thing is quite heavy and solidly built. Can't wait!

andyw

Mu-43 Veteran
Looks a mad lens!! so...i have just ordered one!! and a c-mount adapter to go with it.

Examples look interesting so should be fun.

Image examples asap please :wink:

andyw

Mu-43 Veteran
That really is a wee little thing! Can't wait to try mine! Should be a larf!

How does it feel for quality?

noodlehaus

Mu-43 Veteran
I'd say that the quality is okay. I think the barrel is made of metal and it's quite heavy for its size. I didn't expect to get something like this for $29. Will post more later once I get an adapter for it.

kahren

Mu-43 Veteran
i got one of these with the adapter, and i wish the aperture was the ring that was closer to the camera instead of the focus. its hard to focus this lens, without accidentally turning the aperture ring, especially with the focus ring being so stiff. i think it needs some sort of modification, being so cheap i don't mind to mess with it, i will post later if i am successful in doing so.

andyw

Mu-43 Veteran

hodad66

Mu-43 Top Veteran
i got one of these with the adapter, and i wish the aperture was the ring that was closer to the camera instead of the focus. its hard to focus this lens, without accidentally turning the aperture ring, especially with the focus ring being so stiff. i think it needs some sort of modification, being so cheap i don't mind to mess with it, i will post later if i am successful in doing so.
I ordered the 35mm and the aperture is the one closest
to the cam. I'm waiting for the new c-mount adapter with
the wider throat......

AJShepherd

Mu-43 Rookie
My lens arrived last week, but i had to wait another week for an adaptor (bought from a different source) to arrive before I could try it out.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Intriguing lens - vignettes a lot, with the vignette getting harder as you stop down. A bit soft wide open, with a weird kind of swirly bokeh - like the edges of the image have spun a little.

A few more in the gallery, the rest in a flickr set here.

CedMan

New to Mu-43
I bought both the 25 and the 35, and I love the 35 for its build quality and all that, 25 is kind of disappointing.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom