ultra-wide filter system from Fotodiox announced

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by kevwilfoto, Sep 2, 2012.

1. kevwilfoto

kevwilfoto Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 23, 2011
    Colorado
    This should be welcome news to anyone with a UWA lens with a bulbous front element and no filter threads.

I think the only native lens that would need this is the Pany 7-14, but a lot of us shoot adapted lenses as well as other camera formats. Any UWA fans interested in this? Is it too expensive?

• Like Like x 2
  2. blue

blue Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 1, 2010
    UK
    I have a number of Lee filters and keep meaning to rig something up for my 7-14mm. I'd be happy to swap to a system that fit the uwa and other lenses as well but probably not just if was for one lens alone.

3. riverr02

riverr02 Mu-43 Veteran

May 2, 2011
    New York
    Rafael
    Looks promising, but awfully expensive for a hobbyist like myself. If you're a professional working with landscapes and making a living off that, then sure, it's an investment to pay the $250 US for the adapter and then roughly $100 for each circular filter- don't know how much the square graduated ND filters cost, and I'm afraid to ask ; ) Granted, that's retail and I'm sure the price will come down soon.

4. phrenic

phrenic Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 13, 2010
    That looks really expensive for a one lens solution. :/ Glad the Oly 9-18mm doesn't have this issue.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.