1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

ultra-wide filter system from Fotodiox announced

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by kevwilfoto, Sep 2, 2012.

1. kevwilfoto

kevwilfoto Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 23, 2011
    Colorado
    This should be welcome news to anyone with a UWA lens with a bulbous front element and no filter threads.

I think the only native lens that would need this is the Pany 7-14, but a lot of us shoot adapted lenses as well as other camera formats. Any UWA fans interested in this? Is it too expensive?

• Like Like x 2
  2. blue

blue Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 1, 2010
    UK
    I have a number of Lee filters and keep meaning to rig something up for my 7-14mm. I'd be happy to swap to a system that fit the uwa and other lenses as well but probably not just if was for one lens alone.

3. riverr02

riverr02 Mu-43 Veteran

May 2, 2011
    New York
    Rafael
    Looks promising, but awfully expensive for a hobbyist like myself. If you're a professional working with landscapes and making a living off that, then sure, it's an investment to pay the $250 US for the adapter and then roughly $100 for each circular filter- don't know how much the square graduated ND filters cost, and I'm afraid to ask ; ) Granted, that's retail and I'm sure the price will come down soon.

4. phrenic

phrenic Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 13, 2010
    That looks really expensive for a one lens solution. :/ Glad the Oly 9-18mm doesn't have this issue.

5. Livnius

Livnius Super Moderator

Jul 7, 2011
    Melbourne. Australia
    Joe