UK Winter Wildlife / Landscape Photography Recommendations

mrjoemorgan

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Joe M
Hi all,

I am heading back to the UK for 4 weeks for the Xmas holidays and trying to think of some good places to go shoot whilst I am there.

My parents live in Buckinghamshire so Ill go to a few local favorites and I'll be heading down to Dorset for a couple of nights.

But wondered if anyone has any recommendations for unique photo opportunities in winter? I could fly to Iceland for a couple of nights or maybe Norway. Maybe Lundy Island over past Bristol.

Recommendations on a postcard would be most appreciated. The stuff I typically like to shoot can be found here: https://www.instagram.com/mrjoemorgan/

Many thanks in advance,

Joe

mrjoemorgan

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Joe M
Really good pictures on your Instagram. I have no clever suggestions for locations though. Rent a car and go exploring. Iceland's full of Instagrammers all taking the same shots.
Thanks, Richard. I have my parent's car so that will make it easy to go explore and visit the local nature reserves and parks etc.

moonraker

Mu-43 Top Veteran
if you are going to Dorset, you can try Brownsea Island (National Trust, ferry from Poole). Or perhaps Slimbridge (WWT) just off the M5, if you like migrating birds etc.. I'm not sure I'd go to Lundy in the winter tbh..

Last edited:

mrjoemorgan

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Joe M
if you are going to Dorset, you can try Brownsea Island (National Trust, ferry from Portland). Or perhaps Slimbridge (WWT) just off the M5, if you like migrating birds etc.. I'm not sure I'd go to Lundy in the winter tbh..
ah yes, I totally forgot about Brownsea island, thank you! Not been there since I was a kid

mrjoemorgan

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Joe M
@JensM Norway has been on the list for a while. I did a Husky safari many moons ago up in the Arctic Circle but would love to go back and do the west coast like Trolltunga

JensM

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
As screename
8 - 15 hours round trip to Trolltunga, in taxing terrain, depending on route. I think the longest one is in the easiest terrain but the final leg is in the same terrain. Over-nighting by one owns means. Had a little discussion over it at FB earlier this week, so looked it up during that. SAR missions are a yearly occurence for people going there. :O

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom