UK users - BIG m4/3 fine art print from masterprinter Ctein

Discussion in 'Printing' started by Sawfish, Apr 26, 2012.

1. Sawfish

Sawfish Mu-43 Regular

Nov 11, 2011
    This is an unique opportunity to see what your m4/3 camera is capable of.
    The Online Photographer is offering a 17x22" print on Epson Signature Worthy Ultra Premium Luster paper.
    The picture is taken with a Olympus Pen E-P1 and the Zuiko 45mm ƒ/1.8.
    The price will be about $19.95 not including postage in UK.
    To get a copy outside US, there has to be 25 people buying a print and Mike Shimwell has kindly offered to distribute the prints.
    You need to react fast, because the prints is only available until Sunday.
    I have signed for one, and are hoping Mike can ship to Denmark, but anyhow, I think it would be sad if the prints is only distributed in US.

You can see the print and read more about the offer on The Online Photographer: The $19.95 Micro 4/3 Print Offer

Oouupss : I didnt notice penfan2010 had already posted a thread about the offer:
  2. ripleys baby

ripleys baby Straw clutcher

Aug 10, 2011
    Thanks but if I hang anything on my wall it will be one of mine. Or my friends. And I suspect it won't be a bit of a bridge.
    And the quality where I get mine printed will be good enough for me , and cheaper .
    Thanks anyway.
    Does or would any photographer on this forum buy a print captured by another ?
    • Like Like x 1
  3. songs2001

songs2001 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jul 8, 2011
    I bought two. I gave my reasons in the other thread. The short of it is, Ctein is supposedly a world class printer and to buy a print from him would normally cost $280 at a minimum.

So 20 bucks is not a bad deal.

Also it's not really for M43 users, It's to show people that use larger format cameras, what's possible on M43 format.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Sawfish

Sawfish Mu-43 Regular

Nov 11, 2011
    I there is others from Denmark who wants a print, please leave a comment or a message. Maybe there will be 25 from Denmark, and then we are secured a copy.

By now i can count 2.

5. CUB

CUB Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 19, 2012

I am more than just a fan of Ctein, I am a devotee. His two textbooks on printing are exemplary and should be required reading for anyone who is serious about learning how to print their images to a high standard.

"Digital Restoration from Start to Finish: How to Repair Old and Damaged Photographs" deals with digital inkjet printing. Despite its title, there is a wealth of information in the book about digital printing in general. It certainly isn't limited to photo restoration.

"Post Exposure: Advanced Techniques for the Photographic Printer" is probably the most authoritative text ever produced on traditional photographic printing in the darkroom.

I have both books and regularly refer to them. I give them my highest recommendation.

However, I have a problem with the $19.95 print. I don't like the image and wouldn't want it on my wall. Sorry, Ctein. :confused:
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Sawfish

Sawfish Mu-43 Regular

Nov 11, 2011
    Prints will be availle to UK and Europe

Mike Shimwell has received a lot of email and is going to do all the hard work to distribute the prints to UK and also Europe.
    Due to the work this is incorporating, he will not answer mails before Sunday evening. Any excess from the operation will go to the MND Association.
    The offer is open until 9 p.m. on Sunday U.K. time.

All this means I will receive a print from Ctein.:yahoo::drinks::yahoo: