1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

[EXPIRED] UK Sale; E-P1, VF-1, 14-42mm mFT lens.

Discussion in 'Expired Listings' started by peak4, Jun 11, 2011.

1. peak4

peak4 Mu-43 Rookie

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Due to this week's purchase of a refurbished E-P2 I have for sale the following items.

E-P1 for £ 175 to include P&P by Royal Mail Next Day Special Delivery.
    Currently showing 3800 exposures, though this may rise a little if I use it again.
    I will include one New battery and New Charger (they came with my E-P2) with either a UK or Continental lead of your choice. All of the leads that came with my E-P2, still bagged up. Manual and CD etc.
    There are 3 small marks on the screen surround as can be seen in the first photo. Top Left Hand Corner and level with "R" and the "C" on the left of the screen. I bought the camera second hand myself; these were on it when I took delivery. There are a few scratches on the base, but nothing I'd class as serious.
    P6109855_DxO. P6109859_DxO.
    P6109858_DxO.

VF-1 £45 to include P&P by Royal Mail Recorded First Class.
    This is the 17mm Viewfinder to go with the Olympus Pancake lens
    P6109861_DxO. P6109862_DxO.

14-42mm mFT lens to suit the E-P1 £85 to include P&P by Royal Mail Next Day Special delivery.
    This is straight out of the box as it came to me from Olympus Market with the refurbished E-P2. I don't know if it is new or refurbished, but there is no warranty card paperwork or bag with it. Olympus say on the web site that it is covered by a 1 year warranty with proof of purchase, which I will supply.
    The front lens cap even still has the clear protective plastic on it.

P6109863_DxO. P6109864_DxO.

All items are available for viewing or collection from Sheffield.
    Any interested parties to contact me by PM please, in which case I will supply my name, address and land line phone number. I'm in the BT directory, so you can then look me up and confirm my details before contacting me if you wish.

Any deals will be conducted by PM/phone, but I'll keep the thread updated should I actually sell anything.
    By all means reply to the thread such as "PM sent" or similar, just to keep others in the picture, so to speak.
    Also advertised on a couple of 4/3s forums.

I look in on here most days and will respond as promptly as I'm able, though not during working hours.

Bank Transfer preferred, cheques accepted, but obviously no goods to be dispatched before it clears, cash on collection. I also have a PayPal account, but I'm not looking to incur any charges for the transaction, so I guess that means +3% or gift.
    I'm currently up to 280 deals on ebay with 100% feedback, details supplied on request.

I'll have a couple of further items coming up, though I've not photograped or priced them yet (to include Oly 25mm Pancake, Possibly E-3, New 60mm Kowa Telescope and Zoom eyepiece for the birders amongst you etc.)

2. timallenphoto

timallenphoto Mu-43 Veteran

0   0   0

May 20, 2011
    Kent, England
    Can I ask how you got that display to appear showing shot count?

3. peak4

peak4 Mu-43 Rookie

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Tim, That's a shame, when I saw the reply, I was hoping you were going to buy the lot and send me a bottle of Bowmore as thanks. :rolleyes:

Here are the steps, the same as an E-5
    ► Camera OFF
    ► Hold down MENU button and turn ON the camera
    ► Release MENU button and press MENU again to get to Menus
    ► Go to LCD Brightness Menu, that's in Spanner Menu and third item down.
    ► Press RIGHT to show screen adjusters
    ► Press INFO and then press OK and on my E-5 this shows on screen....
    OLYMPUS E-5 0A 01 01 01
    ► Press in sequence UP/ DOWN/ LEFT/ RIGHT/ SHUTTER/ UP and Page 1 info appears

► Variously press RIGHT for Page 2, DOWN for Page 3, LEFT for Page 4 and UP again to get Page 1

What we are looking for is the information on Page 2, on my E-P1 it shows.....
    R 003800 [total shutter actuation count]
    S 000080 [shot count with flash]
    C 000000
    U 001658 [turn on count which is ultrasonic wave cleaner count]
    V 000000

B 003177 [seems to be total number of times shutter button is fully pressed for any reason]
    L 000000

On Page 4 is D: damage code log, mine shows 0 and that is good.

All courtesy of Ross The Fiddler on another board

For E series up to and including the E3

Switch on the camera
    Open the card door --> "CARD-COVER OPEN" message on LCD
    Press the "OK" and "MENU" buttons simultaneously --> "Olympus E-510" message on LCD
    Press "North", "South", "West", and "East" in a sequence
    Press the "shutter button" once for 2 seconds.
    Press "North" --> "PAGE 1" with parameters; "B", "U", "C", "A", "L", "F", and "M"
    Press "WEST"--> "PAGE 2" with parameters; "R", "S", "C", "U", "V", "B", and "L"
    Press "SOUTH"--> "PAGE 3" with parameters; "CS" and "MCS"
    Press "WEST"--> parameter "D"

EDIT: I Added the info that the "shutter button" must be pressed a bit longer.

If the parameters are the same as those for the E-500 and E-330, the known meanings should be:

Page 1:
    L - lens code
    F - flash code

Page 2:
    R - counts the number of shutter activations
    S - counts the number of times a flash was fired.
    C - counts the number of times the mirror has been locked up (cleaning mode).
    U - number of times the camera has been turned on (and the ultrasonic wave cleaner activated).
    V - counts two operations: [1] number of times the mirror has been locked up in Live View, and [2] number of times the AEL button has been used to auto focus while in Live View
    Page 3:
    CS - camera serial number
    MCS - Is the same as the "Internal Serial Number" recorded in the EXIF data of pictures recorded with the camera. The 16-digit number contains a variety of information. Here is what we understand so far:
    Digits 1-4 represent the camera model. 4001 = E-1, 4007 = E-300, 4011 = E-500, 4016 = E-330, and 4046 = E-510.
    Digit 5 is the year of manufacture. For example, "3" equals year 2003.
    Digits 6-7 represent the month of manufacturer. For example, "06" equals June.

Courtesy of Jebir on another different board

4. timallenphoto

timallenphoto Mu-43 Veteran

0   0   0

May 20, 2011
    Kent, England
    Thanks, sorry for you getting you excited but I've only just bought an E-P1 myself.

5. peak4

peak4 Mu-43 Rookie

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

25mm Pancake gone pending payment.
    Before I even advertised it :smile:

6. peak4

peak4 Mu-43 Rookie

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

A gentle bump back up to page 1 for a week or so, and then off to ebay.