UK: Olympus OM-D 12-50 kit for £699

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by sooper, Jul 25, 2013.

1. sooper

sooper Mu-43 Regular

Jun 17, 2012
    Thought I'd share this with everyone. Great Western Cameras are selling the OM-D with 12-50 lens for £699 on their eBay store which comes with a tax/vat receipt and qualifies for the HLD-6 grip promotion. The items are stated as "New (other)" or "Manufacture Refurbished" but I've been told both qualify for the promotion.

They're selling these both on their eBay store and website, the prices differ slightly so I'll outline everything:

You have to watch out for these, they go very quickly but are listed very soon after one has been sold. They have brand new stock for £929, and £699 for stock that is "New (other)" and has small issue such as a slightly scratched battery, or missing manual or hot shoe cover, and are heavily discounted. For example, the one I purchased had a missing rubber eye piece for the viewfinder, which I've already found online for £14, and was otherwise brand new.

New (other): Comes with 2 years Olympus warranty and qualifies for the HLD-6 promotion

Refurbished: 1 year Olympus warranty, and qualifies for the HLD-6 promotion (so I've been told by them, you may want to double check).

Link: gwcameras | eBay

They're slightly more expensive at £750

Link: Great Western Cameras

Note: Buying it brand new is cheaper on the website than their eBay store (£879 compared to £929)

Just think that these are pretty good prices, especially the heavily discounted 'Refurbished' and 'New (other)' sets which are basically brand new and qualify for the hand grip promotion - at £699 it's easy to ignore scratches on a battery or replacing a £20 eye-piece. I haven't yet claimed my battery grip but will update this post once I do.