UK - Olympus 60mm macro £399

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by evilnim, Dec 20, 2012.

1. evilnim

evilnim Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 27, 2012
    Birmingham
    Not sure if this has been raised before, but srsmicrosystems are flogging the olympus 60mm macro for £399 with £7 delivery.

Not bought from them before but I understand that they sell uk sources products not grey imports, and most people seem happy with them?

Seems to be selling for about £440-450 elsewhere, so not a bad price.

Ill let you all know how it pans out...

• Like Like x 2
  2. chasm

chasm Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 2, 2010
    They're an excellent shop, I've bought quite a few things from them (including my G3) and they've always been very helpful. Definitely a bricks-and-mortar outfit, based in Watford high street.

3. Christilou

Christilou Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 25, 2010
    Camberley, Surrey
  4. arch stanton

arch stanton Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 25, 2012
    London
    Malc
    Bought my e-pl3 and Oly 45mm from them early this year, great genuine camera shop that also have good online prices.

5. Carl Radford

Carl Radford Mu-43 Regular

Dec 13, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  6. evilnim

evilnim Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 27, 2012
    Birmingham
    I got my 60mm with no issues from srs as promised - will definitely use them again if needed.

The 60mm is a sickeningly good lens. Macro capability is beautiful, and I've taken some pretty decent mid telephoto shots with it too. Very sharp, but not overly so if you know what i mean. Although you probably don't need a GAS crazed stranger spurring you on, you should definitely get it for £389!!!

• Like Like x 1
  7. atmo

atmo Mu-43 Regular

Jan 11, 2013
    Ireland.
    Can't comment on the price of the lens, but my experience with SRS's support was negative. They were disinterested and unhelpful.

8. Carl Radford

Carl Radford Mu-43 Regular

Dec 13, 2012
    Mine is on the way from Bristol Cameras - they even phoned me re the order and I have arranged a different day for a special delivery - very positive so far - but then the lens hasn't arrived yet :)