UK etailers for new E-P2 body?

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by pdh, Jul 27, 2010.

1. pdh

pdh Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 6, 2010
    I'm possibly in the market for a new E-P2 body only, in black.

At the moment the cheapest I've found is around the £580 mark from Park Cameras or SRS Microsystems

... I think Park have a decent reputation but don't know anything about SRS

Anyone know anything about SRS? Or know of any other etailers that might do a good deal?

thanks

2. Briar

Briar Mu-43 Regular

Jun 13, 2010
    Bonnie Scotland
    I've not used either but also interested to hear about SRS Microsystems because they appear quite competitive for their lenses.

3. BartonFlyer

BartonFlyer Mu-43 Regular Charter Member

Jan 21, 2010
    Bolton, UK
    I can thoroughly recommend Park Cameras - prompt delivery, actually have in stock what they say they have.

When buying my E-P2 I did the usual amount of research and actually tried to place an order with another seller on the basis that their web site said they had stock - guess what, they didn't & it was put immediately on back order so I cancelled - Park shipped same day

4. willo

willo Mu-43 Regular Charter Member

Jan 25, 2010
    London
    Can recommend SRS, used them many times. They have a shop in Watford, pretty sure they are a main Olympus dealer so they are listed on the Olympus website if that makes you feel safer.

5. mikew

mikew New to Mu-43

Jul 13, 2010
    Another vote for SRS - I have spent way too much money with them. Always pleasant and helpful if a bit slow to reply to emails but that's only because they are busy serving customers. Always had next day delivery and you can ask for Royal Mail First Class if that's your preference.

6. akulya

akulya Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 21, 2010
    I have found SRS useful, because (if they have the stock) they are very cheap, and sometimes quoting their current price can have a beneficial effect when shopping at your local camera store bearing ready cash :)

7. Christilou

Christilou Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 25, 2010
    Camberley, Surrey
    I've also used SRS, no problems.

8. Briar

Briar Mu-43 Regular

Jun 13, 2010
    Bonnie Scotland
    Many thanks for all your recommendations for SRS Microsystems. I ordered my lens on Wednesday night, was despatched Thursday morning and today (Friday) it's now attached to my camera. I'm just going out now to play with it! Great price and great service so I'd also recommend them.

Cheers, Briar

9. pdh

pdh Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 6, 2010
    Just to say, Park Cameras refused to dispatch to an address other than that to which the credit card was registered without receiving an email with a scan of a utility bill ... while they no doubt need to protect themselves from c/c theft scams, I'd never come across this before (Amazon seem to struggle along OK without, for instance) ... they lost my business as a result (fortunately as it turns out but that's another story) ... however they do ship overnight for free as well as having keen prices ...

10. Brian Mosley

Brian Mosley Administrator Emeritus Charter Member

Dec 15, 2009
    I think that's pretty sensible of them... I imagine that decision came after being ripped off by one or more c/c thieves.

Hope that other story comes out well :wink:

Cheers

Brian

11. BartonFlyer

BartonFlyer Mu-43 Regular Charter Member

Jan 21, 2010
    Bolton, UK
    I think with Park, that's their policy on your first order with them. After that I've had items delivered to my work address

12. pdh

pdh Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 6, 2010
    quite right ... they told me that at the time, should have said so in my post ... still, no good if you're in a rush for something