1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

UK Buyers - Panasonic Offer Reminder

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by chrism_scotland, Aug 30, 2011.

1. chrism_scotland

chrism_scotland Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 1, 2011
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    Just to remind any UK buyers who may be considering a purchase of a Panasonic G/GF/GH series that tomorrow is the last day to purchase to be able to get the 5 year warranty and Adobe Lightroom offer!

2. bobbywise

bobbywise Mu-43 Regular

Aug 23, 2011
    Nantes, France
  3. chrism_scotland

chrism_scotland Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 1, 2011
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    I've been contemplating picking up a GF2 with the 14-42 and 14mm, partly to try and get a cheap 14mm.. but I'd probably end up keeping the lot!

4. Eadfrith

Eadfrith Mu-43 Rookie

Aug 30, 2011
    Will this offer be replaced with a different kind of offer... maybe cashback or something????

5. StephenL

StephenL Mu-43 Regular

Sep 1, 2010
    The offer which came with my G3 (from Fotosense) was a copy of Elements 9 plus a 5 year warranty! Have to see what actually arrives! Doesn't matter as I've already got both.

6. Tinderbox (UK)

Tinderbox (UK) Mu-43 Regular

I received my copy of Adobe Lightroom 3, and the video dvd, and a week later they sent me another one. :) 

7. swmlon

swmlon Mu-43 Rookie

Aug 22, 2011
    Is it too late to make a claim? I bought my GF2 a couple of weeks ago.

8. StephenL

StephenL Mu-43 Regular

Sep 1, 2010
    No, as long as you bought it from an authorised reseller before 31 August you should be OK.

9. hillwalkinggirl

hillwalkinggirl Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 9, 2011
    Wales, UK
    Barbara
    Anyone besides Tinderbox received their copy of Lightroom yet? I sent my claim form in on 10th August and haven't heard a thing yet.

10. Sent mine in on 12th August. No response yet.

11. Rich L

Rich L Mu-43 Rookie

Aug 6, 2011
    Not heard anythng either.

They say up to 40 days if I remember rightly.

12. hillwalkinggirl

Feb 9, 2011
    Wales, UK
    Barbara
    Just heard from someone on another forum that theirs arrived this morning. They sent their claim form off a month OK. So maybe we will be lucky soon.

13. Tinderbox (UK)

Tinderbox (UK) Mu-43 Regular

I sent my claim form off on the 7th of July and received the 5year warranty via email within a week, but it took 30 days for my software/video to arrive.

14. littlefish

littlefish Mu-43 Regular

Aug 22, 2011
    Glos., UK
    I sent off my form 31/08 and I'm still waiting to hear / receive anything. Harumph. :frown:

15. StephenL

StephenL Mu-43 Regular

Sep 1, 2010
    Mine went off on the 25th August, but I don't expect to hear anything for a while, if ever. Luckily I bought the camera on its merits, not for any freebies. That was not, and never will be, my motivation for buying anything.

The 5 year warranty is useless. I don't expect to keep the camera for more than 2 years at the outside. Things will have moved on by then.

I already own Lightroom, so it will be a "spare" copy. Very useful.

16. hillwalkinggirl

Feb 9, 2011
    Wales, UK
    Barbara
    Some progress today! I have received an email with my 5 yr guarantee. Hope my Lightroom will be here soon.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.