1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

UFO !!!!

Discussion in 'Other Genres' started by Spuff, Nov 21, 2012.

1. Spuff

Spuff Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 5, 2010
    Berkshire, UK.
    I looked out my window to see what the weather was like. I noticed a light in the sky. Much smaller than the moon, much bigger than a star or planet or plane lights. It hung there not moving. It was as luminous as a sunlit moon. After I had put my 100-300 on my camera it had moved a little and I got one focused shot in before it sunk in a steady diagonal below the roof level.
    It looks like 2 bits of debris falling - but it was static for at least 30 seconds and then moved more across than down slowly.
    Definitely not a reflection in my window, and I saw it being occluded by the roof.
    Any guesses/identification?

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/safetytrousers/8206609466/" title="UFO by Safetytrousers, on Flickr">"640" height="480" alt="UFO"></a>

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/safetytrousers/8205520247/" title="UFO cropped by Safetytrousers, on Flickr">"596" height="601" alt="UFO cropped"></a>

2. lenshoarder

lenshoarder Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 7, 2010
  3. Spuff

Spuff Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 5, 2010
    Berkshire, UK.
    Yes, it does looks like that, but would trails going straight up not come from divers coming straight down? Would the trails not follow the direction of the divers - they stayed the same shape as the thing moved across? It looks very much like two things falling - but it didn't appear to move at all for some time. It was very luminous.

4. Glenn S

Glenn S Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 1, 2010
    It's a aeroplane leaving contrails as it flies away from the camera.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Spuff

Spuff Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 5, 2010
    Berkshire, UK.
    Ah yes, I think you've got it, IFO. It was a weird effect, of all the aircraft trails I've seen I haven't seen that before. Believe me from its apparent behaviour it wasn't obvious.
    My alien encounter will have to wait for another day.

6. Glenn S

Glenn S Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 1, 2010
    Here's one I took the other day, not exactly the same lighting conditions and the aeroplane (an Airbus A380) is coming towards the camera, but you get the idea.

PB180953.

7. speedandstyle

speedandstyle Mu-43 Hall of Famer

It is a weather ballon! Trust me I am from Roswell!:wink:

Actually I do think it is a jet and contrails.

8. noohoggin1

noohoggin1 Instagram: @tomnguyenstudio

May 21, 2012
    MN
    Tom
    very cool, for years I've always wanted to catch a UFO on camera, and have it be better than a lot of the typical cell-phone quality photos out there :p

9. hkpzee

hkpzee Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 5, 2011
    Hong Kong
    Patrick
    Looks like falling debris to me, but it might be falling at such an angle that it appears static for a while, or maybe it's an aeroplane with engines bursting in flame, and eventually falling... :confused:

10. Gyles

Gyles Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 15, 2012
    Sunny Norfolk, UK
    Travelographer and self confessed Hexaholic
    Check your lens for fungus!

I saw a fireball earlier this year, as I stood in awe watching it cross the sky it didn't even cross my mind to grab my camera.