U.K. Photography Show. 2021.

Mike Wingate

Mu-43 Legend
Real Name
Mike Wingate
I have had a few emails over the last two weeks from the organisers of the U.K. Photography Show, which is an online event again this year. I was disappointed not to be able to go last year, and have little need to go this year. But, Panasonic is not there, Olympus is. Discuss.

Chris999999

Mu-43 Regular
I have had a few emails over the last two weeks from the organisers of the U.K. Photography Show, which is an online event again this year. I was disappointed not to be able to go last year, and have little need to go this year. But, Panasonic is not there, Olympus is. Discuss.
I don't see the point of online shows. The whole purpose of shows is to get your hands on interesting equipment and maybe coming home with a bargain.

I can understand that Panasonic also don't see any reason to be at an online show.

I don't understand why Olympus will be there. Have they forgotten that they don't make photography equipment anymore?

moonraker

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Nigel
I think they are talking about a physical show in September? May go then if vaccinations are successful... the last virtual one was of not much use to me tbh..

Robstar1963

Mad on Motorsports
Real Name
Rob
Some of the Online Photography Show 2020 ‘exhibitors‘ did have some very good deals on cameras, lenses and equipment - one very good reason to join online
Call me a pessimist but I can’t see us being able to go to a crowded indoor live show any time soon and certainly not this year even with vaccines being rolled out :(
Ive been twice and even if we’re allowed to visit again I would be reticent for some time to come

Mike Wingate

Mu-43 Legend
Real Name
Mike Wingate
I am visiting on line, the Destinations Show for holidays. Plenty of exhibitors and talks to enjoy. I have already booked 2 holidays for 2022, but not at this show, direct through Viking. We had our Viking Mekong holiday cancelled last year.

moonraker

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Nigel
Some of the Online Photography Show 2020 ‘exhibitors‘ did have some very good deals on cameras, lenses and equipment - one very good reason to join online
Call me a pessimist but I can’t see us being able to go to a crowded indoor live show any time soon and certainly not this year even with vaccines being rolled out :(
Ive been twice and even if we’re allowed to visit again I would be reticent for some time to come
Rob
I do get your reticence, was just trying to make myself optimistic! The thing I miss in the virtual show is the myriad of things on smaller stalls, like Laowa, Siriu etc, seeing all the bags and accessories, and stuff I’d never knew I needed...?

Robstar1963

Mad on Motorsports
Real Name
Rob
Rob
I do get your reticence, was just trying to make myself optimistic! The thing I miss in the virtual show is the myriad of things on smaller stalls, like Laowa, Siriu etc, seeing all the bags and accessories, and stuff I’d never knew I needed...?

Im just trying to be realistic about expectations for this year
I shall be overjoyed if it feels safe to return to a more normal routine especially if that means I can get to some (outdoor) Motorsports events
However I feel that people being able to attend a crowded exhibition hall is a long way off and I don’t see that happening before 2022 ???

Latest threads

Top Bottom