1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

u-43 Post Processing challenge #94

Discussion in 'Contests and Challenges' started by janneman, Apr 27, 2014.

1. janneman

janneman Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 6, 2012
    Netherlands
    Jan (John) Kusters
    Default Mu-43 Post Processing challenge #94

Edit April 30: I made a mistake with the end date for this challenge. The contest will end Thursday May 1, at 8pm Amsterdam time.

I have no experience in posting RAW files, the gallery said they were too big, so it's another Jpeg challenge...

The Rules:

The Challenger will provide any photo that he/she deems worthy of challenging other members to "improve" by way Post Processing. It must be their own photo, and taken with m4/3 equipment. "Improve" is a subjective term, and includes many creative ideas as well as traditional "fixing". The Challenger agrees that entrants may make any changes they deem fit to post in their entry.

The winner of the previous challenge gets to post the next Challenge and serves as the judge for his/her PP challenge.

For obvious purposes, the judge is disqualified from participating in his/her own PP challenge. Instead, he/she should post a photo to start out the challenge.

***** If the winner fails to post a new challenge within five days, the responsibility passes to the runner-up. *****

At the end of the 72-hours (we don't have to be strict about 72-hours, especially with time differences depending on where you are on the globe), the judge will name a winner, a first runner-up, and a second runner-up.

Entrants:

The Challenger's image is posted for the sole purpose of the PP Challenge; it is not posted to invite Critique or Criticism.

Entries shall be limited to 2 per member for each Challenge.

Entrants to post a BBCode link to the Large size image of their PP edit(s), preferably 1024px x npx, or npx x 1024px, if the original image and/or the PP edit allow for these sizes. Also a click-through to the original sized hosted edit if appropriate (but not a requirement for entry). If you post your entry to a photo-hosting site such as Flickr, Photobucket, or a Gallery, etc., please credit the original photographer to make it clear it is not your photograph; something like "Photo taken by xxxxxx over at Mu-43.com" should suffice.

Entrants are strongly encouraged to post the settings and techniques used for their entry, however this is not a requirement for entry.

As we all know, beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. We may not all agree with the chosen winners, but the judges decision is final without adverse comment from the Entrants; the judge is encouraged (but not required) to state what criteria he used to decide on a winner.

To make sure we don't break any Mu-43 rules/regulations, by participating in the PP Challenge you are allowing the judge to re-post your image for the sole purpose of announcing the winners in the thread

contest-O-8020_22-Jan-2014.

• Like Like x 4
  2. franklim

franklim Mu-43 Regular

May 11, 2012
    Naga City, PHILIPPINES
    Francisco
    Thank you for the 94th PP Challenge sir Jan.

A Pinhole Effect

[​IMG]"1024" height="1024" alt="untitled-3-2"></a>[/IMG]

Thank you

• Like Like x 8
  3. phigmov

phigmov Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Apr 4, 2010
    Used Photostyler to give Jannemans image an antique look - something that might be folded up and tucked into an old book waiting to be discovered.

Old%2520creased%2520photo.

• Like Like x 11
  4. janneman

janneman Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 6, 2012
    Netherlands
    Jan (John) Kusters
    Wow, this is more fun than I expected, great to see what others do with one of my files!

5. csnite

csnite Mu-43 Regular

Feb 21, 2012
    Florida
    I'll have another go here. I had trouble with the sky, so I just decided to crop it and I ended up liking the composition it gave me. Nice image janneman. contest-O-8020_22-Jan-2014_crop.

• Like Like x 9
  6. Ger.mcg

Ger.mcg Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 17, 2013
    Ireland
    Ger
    Silver Efex and a few tweaks in Lightroom

2ns3tqh.

• Like Like x 7
  7. dbuckle

dbuckle Mu-43 Hall of Famer

• Like Like x 7
  8. dbuckle

dbuckle Mu-43 Hall of Famer

• Like Like x 10
  9. Matero

Matero Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 22, 2013
    Finland
    I wanted more tight crop, little bit blue for the sky, fresh white for birches and shadows for the stream. Water is now less muddy for my eyes. And added contrast and micro contrast the get sharper image, my preference. And as a bonus, fresh green in grass.

contest-O-8020_22-Jan-2014_DxO.

• Like Like x 7
  10. kevinparis

kevinparis Cantankerous Scotsman

Feb 12, 2010
    Gent, Belgium
    Aperture and Aperture only

mainly dodging and burning, a little simple curves adjustment , a slight crop, a B/W conversion and a color monochrome adjustment

contest-O-8020_22-Jan-20141.

K

• Like Like x 9
  11. Minor alterations in ACR > Topaz Simplify > hefty dose of High Pass Sharpening...

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 8
  12. WhidbeyLVR

WhidbeyLVR Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 14, 2014
    Whidbey Island
    Lyle
    entry 1
    contest-O-8020_22-Jan-2014A1.

entry 2
    contest-O-8020_22-Jan-2014B1.

• Like Like x 7
  13. jomerads

jomerads Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 27, 2013
    Moorestown, New Jersey
    John S.

<a href="https://www.flickr.com/photos/99021065@N04/14061858062" title="Forest Stream-2 by John Saludades, on Flickr"> 14061858062_27d757c496_o. "1024" height="768" alt="Forest Stream-2"></a>

Thanks,

John S.

• Like Like x 6
  14. jomerads

jomerads Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 27, 2013
    Moorestown, New Jersey
    John S.
    #2 Black and White

<a href="https://www.flickr.com/photos/99021065@N04/14061859382" title="Forest Stream-1 by John Saludades, on Flickr"> 14061859382_f098074a7b_o. "1024" height="768" alt="Forest Stream-1"></a>

Thanks again,

John S.

• Like Like x 6
  15. janneman

janneman Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 6, 2012
    Netherlands
    Jan (John) Kusters
    One thing that amazes me is how good some colour versions look. I tend to take my pictures with the black and white conversion already in mind (contrast over colour). I never bothered to look at them from a colour point of view. Some of the entries in colour are absolute eye openers for me!
    Great work everyone, keep'm coming!

16. WhidbeyLVR

Feb 14, 2014
    Whidbey Island
    Lyle
    Evening of May 5th is still 6+ days off. That's an extremely generous 72 hours, and more of a Monday/Tuesday thing! Which is fine with me, but I wonder if it is what you really meant?

17. janneman

janneman Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 6, 2012
    Netherlands
    Jan (John) Kusters
    I thought the time was a week, not 72 hours. I am sorry, my mistake.
    I meant to give a full weekend, and wanted to make sure those who follow after Greenwich time have time too. Is that long period a problem? (I am rather new to this).

18. WhidbeyLVR

Feb 14, 2014
    Whidbey Island
    Lyle
    Like I said, it is fine with me. I was just checking.

19. franklim

franklim Mu-43 Regular

May 11, 2012
    Naga City, PHILIPPINES
    Francisco
    Hope its not too late for this

[​IMG]"1024" height="772" alt="untitled-2014-2"></a>[/IMG]

Thank you

• Like Like x 8
  20. janneman

janneman Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 6, 2012
    Netherlands
    Jan (John) Kusters
    Grin not too late by a mile :smile:
    Honestly, I got it wrong when I set this up, and I now realise my mistake is holding up possible progress. I will end it after the 72 hours and a bit: May 1 at 8pm. I will adjust the opening post accordingly.