Typical Home with Picket Fence

Discussion in 'Black and White' started by G1 User, Dec 28, 2010.

1. G1 User

G1 User Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 20, 2010
    • Like Like x 4
  2. bilzmale

bilzmale Mu-43 All-Pro

Nice how you have separation of the fence and house given so much 'white' in the photo.
  3. Iconindustries

Iconindustries Mu-43 Hall of Famer

The border you have, sets the picture off nicely as well.
  4. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

I'm not sure where you shot this but it really reminds me of somewhere up towards Sharon, Connecticut or someplace in the Berkshires. I agree, you really handled that white snow and light well! It looks as though it was one of those bright sky winter snow days.:2thumbs:
  5. DownUnderDog

DownUnderDog Mu-43 Regular

Hey Icon,
    what's the white stuff on the roof, something you don't get in Queensland eh?
    Well you've had so much rain lately, maybe snow could be possible.
    Cheers from sunny Victoria!!!
  6. Iconindustries

Iconindustries Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Yeah DUD i must say, that the white stuff on the roof is very fascinating. Must be a growth. Lol
    Talk about water! Our house is an island at the moment surrounded by cotton fields covered in about 300mm of the stuff. Not good at all. Even the shopping centre in town is flooded. Biggest flood since '76 they say.
    Sunny Victoria,'isn't that ironic?:smile:
  7. grebeman

grebeman Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 13, 2010
    South Brent, south Devon (UK)
    Beautiful separation of the various tonal values there G1.

8. nseika

nseika Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 22, 2010
    Jakarta, Indonesia
    Perhaps just subjective, but the fence tip off my sense of balance (not balance in sense of art or composition).
    Also it feels like everytime I want to look up to the house, a little bit of the fence from the bottom corner of my eyes keep dragging me out.

But that's just personal. Besides, it could mean the image had a strong something, right ? :)