1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Type of mount needs identifying...

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by Farcanalman, Mar 8, 2012.

1. Farcanalman

Farcanalman  

Feb 12, 2012
    I bought a Hanimex 135mm f2.8 today for only £5 as someone had jammed the wrong mount cover on it!

Hanimex135mmf28.

I need to identify the mounting type, but I do not want to assume that the 'CA' that is visible means that it is a Canon fitment, that may be wrong and my experience is too little to be sure!

Any help will be great as I would like to be able to confidently order the correct adaptor for it.

:thumbup:

2. ill_dawg

ill_dawg Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 26, 2010
    looks like m42, but I could be mistaken. Does the pin on the bottom of the mount move freely? if not, you might have some problems changing your f-stops.

3. addieleman

addieleman Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 5, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Ad
    Certainly looks like a Canon breech-lock mount, most probably an FL mount because only one lever is visible. Maybe someone else can chime in to confirm.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Farcanalman

Farcanalman  

Feb 12, 2012
    no, not m42!

It is not an M42 as that inner lining is the stepped inner face from the glass to the outer edge of the lens.

It seems that the bayonet reciever is incorporated in the silver outer ring, therefore indicating that the bayonet lugs are on the camera!

And as I have only(in my limited experience) ever seen lugs on the lens and reciever on the camera body, this is a little bit confusing for me!

But then someone here may yet identify the mount type beyond all doubt.

:confused:

5. Farcanalman

Farcanalman  

Feb 12, 2012
    thanks so far...

Addieleman posted as I was writing...

If it is a Canon breech-lock mount(yet to be confirmed), can an adaptor be found for that mount?

If not, then even at £5 it would be a wasted purchase!

:redface:

FL you say... I will investigate further!

6. addieleman

addieleman Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 5, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Ad
    Canon FD to µ4/3 adapters are readily available and these are supposedly compatible with the Canon FL mount. The Canon FD mount has some extra actuators for aperture exposure control, the older FL mount apparently doesn't have these. There are numerous suppliers for these adapters on eBay like this one where I usually buy mine.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Farcanalman

Farcanalman  

Feb 12, 2012
    Thanks Ad!

It certainly looks like it would fit by the pictures of the adapter on the site you linked!

Thanks for that.

:2thumbs:

Andreas

8. RedNumber5

RedNumber5 Mu-43 Regular

Dec 13, 2010
    Antioch, CA
    This SLR Lens Mount website has most of the mounts but the one above I don't see here. It does look like a Canon FL mount as this current auction has a picture of an FL mount and they look the same.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Farcanalman

Farcanalman  

Feb 12, 2012
    It is a match!

Both FD and FL look a match, just with different actuators!

I am good to go and get an FD/FL adaptor!

Thanks to all.

:bravo-009: