Two X Four Kids Walking by

Discussion in 'Street, Documentary, and Portrait' started by Robert Watcher, Jul 9, 2014.

1. Robert Watcher

Robert Watcher Mu-43 Top Veteran

Going through files from the past year in Nicaragua - - - I came across a series of four sequential shots that I took while holding the camera still from the other side of the street.

First the girl went through the scene and I shot as she entered and then halfway through. A few minutes later a boy walked through and I attempted to time him so that I would shoot towards the middle and then as he left the scene.

Fortunately the positioning on the kids was perfect so that all I had to do was align the 4 frames (opened as layers from Lightroom) in Photoshop and then paint on a mask on each layer to reveal the person underneath. Each child was interleaved in a great spot in the final image.

20131025-PA250023-Edit-Edit.

PA250026.

-----

• Like Like x 11
  2. T N Args

T N Args Agent Photocateur

Dec 3, 2013
    Adelaide, Australia
    call me Arg
    Masterfully done, and an effective image, ...but your style is photojournalism, Robert.

3. Robert Watcher

Robert Watcher Mu-43 Top Veteran

HeHe. :th_salute: :biggrin:

Actually I hope that my style is "having fun". :wink: Kidding aside - thanks so much for your nice compliment.

4. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    Excellent - I love it! I particularly like the B&W treatment. Very creative. :cool: 

5. gryphon1911

gryphon1911 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Mar 13, 2014
    Central Ohio, USA
    Andrew
    Follow your dreams and realize your vision.

6. denis_sf

denis_sf Mu-43 Regular

Jun 4, 2013
    Oakland, CA
    Denis
    Very cool composite image. Thanks for sharing and for the walk through. :) 

7. drd1135

drd1135 Zen Snapshooter

Mar 17, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Steve
    Is his style "photojournalism" because he makes up images that never happened? :hiding:

That's well done. I would never have the patience to set that up.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.