1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Two X Four Kids Walking by

Discussion in 'Street, Documentary, and Portrait' started by Robert Watcher, Jul 9, 2014.

1. Robert Watcher

Robert Watcher Mu-43 Top Veteran

Going through files from the past year in Nicaragua - - - I came across a series of four sequential shots that I took while holding the camera still from the other side of the street.

First the girl went through the scene and I shot as she entered and then halfway through. A few minutes later a boy walked through and I attempted to time him so that I would shoot towards the middle and then as he left the scene.

Fortunately the positioning on the kids was perfect so that all I had to do was align the 4 frames (opened as layers from Lightroom) in Photoshop and then paint on a mask on each layer to reveal the person underneath. Each child was interleaved in a great spot in the final image.

20131025-PA250023-Edit-Edit.

PA250026.

-----

• Like Like x 11
  2. T N Args

T N Args Agent Photocateur

Dec 3, 2013
    Adelaide, Australia
    call me Arg
    Masterfully done, and an effective image, ...but your style is photojournalism, Robert.

3. Robert Watcher

Robert Watcher Mu-43 Top Veteran

HeHe. :th_salute: :biggrin:

Actually I hope that my style is "having fun". :wink: Kidding aside - thanks so much for your nice compliment.

4. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    Excellent - I love it! I particularly like the B&W treatment. Very creative. :cool:

5. gryphon1911

gryphon1911 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Mar 13, 2014
    Central Ohio, USA
    Andrew
    Follow your dreams and realize your vision.

6. denis_sf

denis_sf Mu-43 Regular

Jun 4, 2013
    Oakland, CA
    Denis
    Very cool composite image. Thanks for sharing and for the walk through. :)

7. drd1135

drd1135 Zen Snapshooter

Mar 17, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Steve
    Is his style "photojournalism" because he makes up images that never happened? :hiding:

That's well done. I would never have the patience to set that up.