Two things arrived today

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by cstevens, Mar 6, 2010.

1. cstevens

cstevens Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 11, 2010
    1st Parcel.

My Nikon to m4/3 adapter. I am waiting to get a Nikon 50mm f/1.8 Pancake lens, but in the meantime I just stuck on my normal 50mm f/1.8 (its the only lens I have that isnt a G lens).

2nd Parcel.

All the way from Japan - I introduce Danbo.

In the popular “Yotsuba&!” manga, Danboard (from the Japanese word “danboru,” which means “cardboard”) is a robot costume made of cardboard, in which Miura suits up and moves when coins are inserted into the slot on the left side of the chest. And now it born on action figure, Revoltech mini Danboard from Kaiyodo. It comes with logo at it’s head and body and is around 8cm tall.

I finally snapped and have joined a cult photography following. Because these “Danbo’s” faces are universal and open for anyone’s interpretation, they make great subjects for macro figure photography

Here he is poping out the box and being snaped by the GF1.

• Like Like x 1
  2. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Danbo is mighty cute and looks to be quite at home after what may have been a moment's hesitation coming out.:biggrin:

Does this cult have a website?
  3. cstevens

cstevens Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 11, 2010
    There are tones of photographers mainly on flickr and blogs taking pictures of Danbo, I believe one of the better ones who seems to have started the frenzy is this one by Arielle Nadel - I think you will agree here work is stunning.

Her Flickr Site is here
  4. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

I think I may have fallen in love. Thank you!
  5. hodad66

hodad66 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 27, 2010
    Indialantic, Florida
    great set... so funny... have fun with your MF lenses...