• Please note: A site subscription is required to start a new listing in our Buy & Sell forum. There is an option to subscribe for a month for $5 if you would like to sell something without a longer subscription.

All transactions (buy, sell, and trade) in the Buy & Sell forum are strictly at your own risk. Mu-43.com and its owner are not affiliated with anyone buying, selling, or trading on the board. We are not liable for any misrepresentation, fraud or spam posted here. The remainder of our Buy & Sell forum rules are in the Site Terms of Service, which you can read here: https://www.mu-43.com/help/terms

[FS] Two M42 mount 35mm bodies: 1 Sears, 1 Ricoh. Ships: US

ektar

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Real Name
Don
User name: ektar

Items to sell/buy/trade: Two M42 mount 35mm bodies: 1 Sears, 1 Ricoh

Prices:

Ships to: US

Description: Okay: I happened to acquire these two nice late 60s/early 70s screw mount bodies. They are both variations of the Ricoh Singlex TLS. The nicer of the two is the Sears T•L•S. The Ricoh version is marked Singlex TLS. I can provide more details to interested parties, but I'll keep it brief here. Please consider them as being sold "As Is."

For both cameras:

The shutters fire, and sound as though they cycle through the shutter speeds correctly
Mirrors move properly
The film advance works
The self timer works
No battery, so I don't know about the meter, but the needle moves freely
There is dust in the viewing path, mostly on the ground glass
There is a defect in the silvering of the pentaprism in both cameras. This shows up as a wide black line in the lower part of the view. This is shown in the pictures, and is similar in each camera. It isn't pretty; one could work around it.

The Sears:
The camera appears to have been lightly used. There are no dents or signs of having been dropped There are faint scratches on the bottom plate and a few elsewhere. The lens mount shows almost no wear. A few marks near the strap lugs. No box, manual, case, strap, body cap or battery.

The Ricoh:
This one has been used, but not abused. There are no dents or signs of having been dropped There is average or less wear on the bottom, the lens mount, the back/top, and near the strap lugs. Comes with OE (leather?) case and manual. Also includes the accessory flash shoe (not a hot shoe). No strap, no box, no battery, and no body cap.

These would be fun to play with or good looking addition(s) to your collection. Asking $23 for the Sears, $20 for the Ricoh. That price includes PayPal fees and continental US ground shipping. Please ask any questions you may have, or if there are images that you'd like to see.

More details and pictures at: my listing at PentaxForums.

Images for this listing: File(s) attached

Payments accepted: Regular PayPal (fee included in price)

Shipping method: USPS, either First Class Parcel or Priority Mail

Shipping charge: Included

Handling time: Usually two days or less, depending on where the weekend falls

References: "dilligafdon" on eBay

Additional comments: (DID NOT ANSWER QUESTION)

I have read and agree to the Buy and Sell rules. Yes

Attachments

Last edited:

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom