1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Two from a bike ride

Discussion in 'Nature' started by Ray Sachs, May 23, 2010.

1. Ray Sachs

Ray Sachs Super Moderator

Apr 17, 2010
    Near Philadephila
    Not a lot of shooting the last several days. I took a lot of photos on a bike ride on Friday, most were utter crap, the light was really weird that day, and I got almost nothing I liked. But I like these two enough to share 'em. Cycling is what I do - my main passion for the past 15 years or so. Keeps me healthy and sane. I've been sort of crashing back into photography for the past couple of months to see what my interest level is. The two should be really complimentary and combinable because my bike takes me out into remarkably beautiful areas with the kind of access to stopping and exploring on foot and shooting that traveling by car doesn't. But I'm not sure how combinable they really are. A good bike ride puts your mind in a very different place than the highly aware state you need to SEE beyond the surface of something. Cycling can put you in a nice kind of meditative semi-trance (with a keen level of awareness reserved for traffic). Sometimes you just don't want to focus on anything other than your legs and lungs and the sensations of the ride. And the sensational views, but not in the way that makes you want to stop and frame them and photograph them - just in a way that lets you them wash over you as you ride through 'em.

Anyway, enough jibber-jabber. I managed to take some on a ride on Friday and here are two I liked enough to hang on to and play with a bit.

-Ray

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/20889767@N05/4632856421/" title="Horses 056 by ramboorider1, on Flickr">"1440" height="748" alt="Horses 056" /></a>

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/20889767@N05/4632856549/" title="Wilson Road 057 by ramboorider1, on Flickr">"1154" height="900" alt="Wilson Road 057" /></a>

2. aznick

aznick Mu-43 Regular

Mar 4, 2010
    Arizona USA
    I really like both those shots Ray. Thanks for posting.

3. f6cvalkyrie

f6cvalkyrie Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 12, 2010
    Brussels, Belgium
    nice shots, Ray !

C U,
    Rafael

4. deckitout

deckitout Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 28, 2010
    Essex UK
    Love the second image, fantastic...well done

5. BillN

BillN Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 19, 2010
    SW France
    great images - nice framing, (adds to the presentation)

6. Pelao

Pelao Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 3, 2010
    Ontario, Canada
    I like them both, but the second is especially nice. I am a sucker for the “where does the road come from / go to” thing.