Two 20mm's, Neither Fit PM2

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by tjdean01, Jun 23, 2013.

1. tjdean01

tjdean01 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 20, 2013
    Okay, this is getting ridiculous. I own a PM2 which works fine with its plastic 14-42 & 40-150. The metal-backed Panasonic 14mm and legacy adapter also mount fine. The 20mm I ordered from Amazon, however, is so super tight it feels like it's going to break the camera mount (thread here).

So, I ordered a new 20mm from Amazon and the SAME THING happened! I have an old body I don't care about and forced it on and again I saw little shard of metal had fallen off the lens where the fasteners are.

The serial on the first one is BR3DF002910 and the second is BR3AE001541. I don't know if that means they're from the same or a different batch but either way I'm shipping them both back back to Amazon.

If I didn't want this lens so bad I'd boycott it. But I'm going to have to order a third one, this one from Panasonic, to see if their stock is a better fit. I would go used with one that I know fits but I can't see paying $275 for something that's $330 new. I might have to though if the one from Panasonic fails. Since I'm the only one having the problem I'm assuming I got some from a bad batch. Either that or there's something wrong with my camera.

2. aidanw

aidanw Mu-43 Regular

Nov 19, 2012
    Wellington, NZ
    I have an E-PL5 and E-PM1 and the 20mm is the tightest lens I own.

It is marginally tighter on the E-PM1 than on the E-PL5.
    The Panasonic 14mm is "normal", the same as Olympus lenses.

I haven't had any issues getting the 20mm on or off and it has become better after owning it for 6mths or so.

3. Lawrence A.

Lawrence A. Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 14, 2012
    New Mexico
    Larry
    My 14-42 PZ is tight on the E-PM2, but not shards of metal falling tight.

4. stratokaster

stratokaster Mu-43 All-Pro Subscribing Member

Jan 4, 2011
    Kyiv, Ukraine
    Pavel
    My 20mm was super-tight on both my G2 and my GF2 as well. However, it got better after 6 months of use.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.