Two 20mm's, Neither Fit PM2

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by tjdean01, Jun 23, 2013.

1. tjdean01

tjdean01 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 20, 2013
    Okay, this is getting ridiculous. I own a PM2 which works fine with its plastic 14-42 & 40-150. The metal-backed Panasonic 14mm and legacy adapter also mount fine. The 20mm I ordered from Amazon, however, is so super tight it feels like it's going to break the camera mount (thread here).

So, I ordered a new 20mm from Amazon and the SAME THING happened! I have an old body I don't care about and forced it on and again I saw little shard of metal had fallen off the lens where the fasteners are.

The serial on the first one is BR3DF002910 and the second is BR3AE001541. I don't know if that means they're from the same or a different batch but either way I'm shipping them both back back to Amazon.

If I didn't want this lens so bad I'd boycott it. But I'm going to have to order a third one, this one from Panasonic, to see if their stock is a better fit. I would go used with one that I know fits but I can't see paying $275 for something that's $330 new. I might have to though if the one from Panasonic fails. Since I'm the only one having the problem I'm assuming I got some from a bad batch. Either that or there's something wrong with my camera.

2. aidanw

aidanw Mu-43 Regular

Nov 19, 2012
    Wellington, NZ
    I have an E-PL5 and E-PM1 and the 20mm is the tightest lens I own.

It is marginally tighter on the E-PM1 than on the E-PL5.
    The Panasonic 14mm is "normal", the same as Olympus lenses.

I haven't had any issues getting the 20mm on or off and it has become better after owning it for 6mths or so.

3. Lawrence A.

Lawrence A. Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 14, 2012
    New Mexico
    Larry
    My 14-42 PZ is tight on the E-PM2, but not shards of metal falling tight.

4. stratokaster

stratokaster Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 4, 2011
    Kyiv, Ukraine
    Pavel
    My 20mm was super-tight on both my G2 and my GF2 as well. However, it got better after 6 months of use.