1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

TV lens 35mm F1.7 C-mount

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by Jdumas, Mar 22, 2011.

1. Jdumas

Jdumas Mu-43 Regular

• Like Like x 1
  2. Hyubie

Hyubie Unique like everyone else

Oct 15, 2010
    Massachusetts
    Herbert
    I bought mine at an even cheaper price, and the listing clearly shows Fujian lens. Yes, it's not Fujinon, but I've read a lot about these lenses (specifically mentioning this Fujian brand too), so I gave it a try. It hasn't arrived yet, though.

And yes, most people say it is similar (if not the same) as the ones sold by SLR Magic.

3. iliakoltsov

iliakoltsov Mu-43 Regular

Aug 7, 2010
    Paris
    Yup it is a fujian 35 f1.7 , colour rendition great , no vignetting , the sides are soft until F8 , the center is very sharp though. The bokeh is relatively pleasant

4. WT21

WT21 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 19, 2010
    Boston
    I also have this lens. it's quite fun.

20100801-E80104401. [​IMG] 20100620-E6206200. 20101011-EA110048. 20100801-E8010446. 20100801-E8010436.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Jdumas

Jdumas Mu-43 Regular

very cool shots WT21 very lo-fi feel. I especially like the swirly bokeh on the last one was that with the macro tube?

6. ean10775

ean10775 Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 31, 2011
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Eric
    Mine just arrived today. I'm interested to see how it performs, but from what I've seen in the way of samples it doesn't seem like you can go wrong for the price. It feels much more solidly built than I expected it to be - I was expecting lightweight plastic. I think it will be a fun little lens.

7. WT21

WT21 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 19, 2010
    Boston
    No tubes, that's just the lens. Close focus and likely close to wide open (of course, being a manual lens, there's no recording of aperture).

It is an odd little lens in a couple of ways (besides the swirly bokeh). Mine really has no aperture markings, and it seems to mount on it's side (that is the aperture mark, if there was one, would be on the left, not the top). Also, the Ap blades close down in an odd shape -- not a circle, nor an even sided figure. More like a parallelogram with kind of star points. The cap is screw on, though it does kind of have a built in hood, as the lens is a bit recessed. Finally, as it focuses, the lens tube extends out the back just a tiny bit (past the adapter). So, sometimes you have to move the focus wheel a bit to get the back cap on (assuming you are leaving it attached to an adapter).

Oh! The most important part. It doesn't focus to infinity UNTIL you remove a screw. It's a tiny screw under one of the rings (focus or aperture rings). Once you remove that screw, it works like a charm. I think I found the instructions searching at DPR. (see correction below -- this was a senior moment on my part)

It's a funky little lens, but it's very small, well built and gives interesting results. It's a very nice break from the norm and, as someone else mentioned, it's sharp in the center.

8. ean10775

ean10775 Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 31, 2011
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Eric
    Really? Mine focuses way past infinity straight out of the box, however closest focus is about 12 inches (so it seems I'm not getting as close as you are able). Did you purchase it from ebay in the set that comes with the c-mount adapter and macro ring? As I understand it, there are some differences in the c-mount adapters that are available that can affect infinity focus with this lens.

9. WT21

WT21 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 19, 2010
    Boston
    I stand corrected!!!! I was thinking about a different CCTV lens that wasn't Fujian. Can't remember that lens now, but it was not the Fujian. I had to look at the Fujian to remind me. With the fujian, you just need to make sure you get an adapter that works. Some adapters are too thick to allow infinity focus.

10. Jdumas

Jdumas Mu-43 Regular

I received my shipment and it is a really fun lens. The only thing I do not like about it is the lack of click-stops on the aperture.

Here is a size comparison with a Vivitar 285
    1239111025_PRzft-L.

Minimum focus about f2
    1239101993_MyjUw-L.

Portrait wide open
    1239103103_w4hKg-L.

Minimum focus f5.6
    1239103924_YWMU2-L.

Minimum focus and 5mm extension tube f5.6
    1239104620_bANqy-L.

Well worth the money. It is in fact a Fujian and it is surprisingly well built.