turn off all sounds on gx85

gh85diy

New to Mu-43
Newbie owner of Gx85. One of the first things I do with my cameras is to turn off all sounds, I know when I push buttons, don't need to add to the noise especially not fake mirror noise like in phones.

Anyway, when I first turned off the tones I think it turned off the shutter click sound as well. Is it possible to use the mechanical shutter and not hear a noise at all? I'm thinking I may have inadvertently turned off the mechanical shutter and only using the electronic one.

retiredfromlife

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
One way to tell if you have turned "silent mode" on is that the red autofucus assist light will also not work. Silent mode turns off all sounds and focus lights etc.
On the G85 the silent mode function button is Fn3 just below the 4 way switch on the back. Not sure which one on the Gx85

If you use mechanical shutter you will always hear the shutter.

gh85diy

New to Mu-43
thanks to all for responding to such a newbie like me. Mike, you nailed it. In my zeal to eliminate sounds I ended up turning off the shutter and lots of other things. For a while I just assumed that like so many noises that shutter noise was fake noise. However, later after I had done more experimenting I decided it was best to restore the camera back to default factory oem settings and then the klunk came back so that made me wonder maybe that is really a mechanical shutter making that noise. Hence my question.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom