1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Turbo Tax

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by AndyCr, Feb 2, 2014.

1. AndyCr

AndyCr Mu-43 Regular

Nov 10, 2013
    Pembroke Pines, Fl
    Andy Cripps
    I have just spent a couple of hours doing my federal tax return, using <a href="https://turbotax.intuit.com">Turbo Tax on-line.</a> At the end, after realising I would be getting a refund, I was asked how I would like to receive it. Choosing direct deposit, the next screen asked me if instead I would like an Amazon gift card for part of the refund, with an additional 10% added as an incentive. Since I am eyeing the EM-10 it seemed a good idea, that 10% extra would in effect get me the grip for free. Let's hope it works

Thought this may be helpful to some of you

• Like Like x 1
  2. DougVaughn

DougVaughn Mu-43 Regular

Oct 30, 2013
    Franklin, TN
    Doug Vaughn
    I guess in TN the 10% covers the sales tax plus a few pennies. I received an email on the TurboTax deal a few weeks ago and will probably take advantage of it... once I actually finish my tax return.

3. yekimrd

yekimrd Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 14, 2012
    Cincinnati, OH
    Mikey
    Thanks for posting this. I always go to this tax preparer I know 'coz I've been burned by H&R block before. How easy is it to do Turbo Tax? Is this something you have to purchase every year or just update? If the latter, how much is it to update? I'm seriously tempted to try this for the 10% incentive to get an Amazon card.

4. DougVaughn

DougVaughn Mu-43 Regular

Oct 30, 2013
    Franklin, TN
    Doug Vaughn
    You buy it each year. I pay $29.95 for the basic version, which is all 95% of people will need. I know they have online versions also but am not sure of the price. They actually have a free online version for very simple returns.

5. AndyCr

AndyCr Mu-43 Regular

Nov 10, 2013
    Pembroke Pines, Fl
    Andy Cripps
    After filing with them last year I did get the odd email from them but didn't bother reading them - guess it was in one of those.... And I'm lucky too, living down here in Florida means no sales tax from Amazon

6. AndyCr

AndyCr Mu-43 Regular

Nov 10, 2013
    Pembroke Pines, Fl
    Andy Cripps
    I did it on-line and as Doug said it cost $29.95. Pretty straightforward, they just walk you through everything section by section. On-line help is available, plus live chat too. For me it worked fine, but then I have nothing really demanding, a couple of W-2s, a child, mortgage, but no business, no huge investment portfolio or anything that may require the help of a professional.

7. yekimrd

yekimrd Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 14, 2012
    Cincinnati, OH
    Mikey
    Does this just do federal or federal and state?

8. Replytoken

Replytoken Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 7, 2012
    Puget Sound
    Ken
    I believe they used to have specific state "modules" that you could purchase as needed. Intuit has been around for quite some time, and TurboTax is is one of the more respected tax preparation programs. I have been using them for a number of years without any problem. And, if you do use them and then come back the next year, they can quickly repopulate much of your new return from your old data. Very handy.

--Ken

9. Nam-in-Sonoma

Nam-in-Sonoma Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 23, 2012
    Penngrove, CA
    Nam
    If you buy the physical support, cd, it comes with Federal only...but once you install it, it will ask you to download the state and it's FREE.
    The only version I think it's free only for Federal return...also last year was the first time I filled with e-fill and Intuit charges $20 to e-fill the State.
    Very easy and intuitive to use.