1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

TTL with wireless flash trigger ?

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by Gwendal, Apr 30, 2011.

1. Gwendal

Gwendal Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 6, 2010
    I've been recently playing a bit with off-camera flash and my EP1 - bought one of these cheap remotes off ebay : Télécommande + Déclencheur Flash pr Olympus / RM-UC1 en vente sur eBay.fr (fin le 01-mai-11 22:53:45 Paris)

It works fine with my FL36 (not FL36R), up to 1/180, but without the TTL support, and I'm currently thinking about acquiring a second receiver for my FL14, or even a stronger unit like those cheap (but receiving good reviews here) Nissin Di466 or even cheaper YN560.

What I'd like to know :
    - can the sync speed be greater than 1/180 on other m43 models ? Apparently not, and even on FF DLSRs the sync speed doesn't go much high than that ;
    - can I get TTL with off-camera ? Do I need to use a cable, or are there radio/wireless remotes able to do that ? Or is the problem solely on the flash side - the FL36R for instance would permit this ?
    - even better, can I get FP TTL ?

Trying to get my head around all those acronyms and technicities etc, sorry if I'm asking stupid questions !

2. shoturtle

shoturtle  

Oct 15, 2010
    If you want faster shutter speed you will need a flash that support HSS, high speed sync aka FP-ttl with olympus and pann

You can get off camera ttl, if you go with a master and slave ttl setup. You will need a metz 58 or FL 50R and a slave flash that support ttl, like the metz 50 AF-1 or 48 AF-1, or the oly fl 36R. Not a cheap route to get ttl. The only other way to go off camera is with a sync cable.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Gwendal

Gwendal Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 6, 2010
    Very helpful - thanks !

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.