TTL with wireless flash trigger ?

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by Gwendal, Apr 30, 2011.

1. Gwendal

Gwendal Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 6, 2010
    I've been recently playing a bit with off-camera flash and my EP1 - bought one of these cheap remotes off ebay : Télécommande + Déclencheur Flash pr Olympus / RM-UC1 en vente sur (fin le 01-mai-11 22:53:45 Paris)

It works fine with my FL36 (not FL36R), up to 1/180, but without the TTL support, and I'm currently thinking about acquiring a second receiver for my FL14, or even a stronger unit like those cheap (but receiving good reviews here) Nissin Di466 or even cheaper YN560.

What I'd like to know :
    - can the sync speed be greater than 1/180 on other m43 models ? Apparently not, and even on FF DLSRs the sync speed doesn't go much high than that ;
    - can I get TTL with off-camera ? Do I need to use a cable, or are there radio/wireless remotes able to do that ? Or is the problem solely on the flash side - the FL36R for instance would permit this ?
    - even better, can I get FP TTL ?

Trying to get my head around all those acronyms and technicities etc, sorry if I'm asking stupid questions !
  2. shoturtle

Oct 15, 2010
    If you want faster shutter speed you will need a flash that support HSS, high speed sync aka FP-ttl with olympus and pann

You can get off camera ttl, if you go with a master and slave ttl setup. You will need a metz 58 or FL 50R and a slave flash that support ttl, like the metz 50 AF-1 or 48 AF-1, or the oly fl 36R. Not a cheap route to get ttl. The only other way to go off camera is with a sync cable.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Gwendal

Gwendal Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 6, 2010
    Very helpful - thanks !