TTL Flash Off-camera Cable for Olympus PEN E-pl5

Discussion in 'Lighting Forum' started by SVENS1, Mar 18, 2016.

1. SVENS1

SVENS1 Mu-43 Regular

Apr 11, 2013
    I have a Meike MK-320 TTL Flash that I want to fire off the camera to use for macro shooting.
    Is there any particular off- camera extension cable that I should be looking for?
  2. MrPhotoBob

MrPhotoBob Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 16, 2012
    I use the Canon off-camera cable, and it work perfect. I also have two of the Olympus off-camera cables that also works great, but you can find the Canon used for around $20.00.
  3. NY Gadget Guy

NY Gadget Guy Mu-43 Regular

Mar 17, 2016
    The Opteka FSC-5 is very interesting in that it has a pass-through on the side that sits in the camera hot shoe: : Opteka FSC-5 E-TTL II Off-Camera Flash Sync Cord for Canon EOS 60D, 50D, 40D, 30D, 20D, 10D, 7D, 5D, 1D, Digital Rebel XT, XTi, XS, XSi, T1, T1i, T2, T2i, T3 & T3i DSLR Cameras (75" Cord) : Camera Flash Synch Cords : Camera & Photo

Maybe a bit short for taking the flash off camera with your fully-extended arm, but creates interesting possibilities with flash brackets.

I read somewhere that it's a Very Bad Idea to put flashes in both the pass through and the remote end at the same time.
    But the newer flashes have a release lever, so you can move the flash between the two positions easily.