TTL flash for e-p1/2 e-pl2

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by Adubo, Jul 8, 2011.

1. Adubo

Adubo SithLord

Nov 4, 2010
    hi guys, i was wondering if what flash is most suitable for my set up.

story: a friend of mine wanted me to do her son's first birthday party in october. i said no immediately as i didnt think my set up (mostly legacy lenses) would work out for such type of shooting (indoors, evening) although i'm very used to shooting with my legacy lenses, i'm still not sure enough with my gear(having no ext. flash unit) and i already sold all of my canon EOS gear. she cracked my sister and told her(my friend) that i'll do the job. so now, its either i get a flash, or throw my sister out.

i'm planning on using it with this set up

e-p1/2 14-42mm msc
    e-pl2 40-150mm msc
    e-p1/2 legacy lens/20mm 1.7

i'm leaning towards the fl-36R since its a dedicated flash BUT the recycle time gives me a doubts
    also looking at a nissin di466 (but it cant swivel its head)
    metz would be great but its not readily available here where i live right now.

the setting of the place would be indoors, mostly at night (i dont know why a child's 1st bday would be done in the evening)

i only need 1/2 flashes (will be using e-pl2's built in flash)

they're not really looking for artsy/quality photos, but they just want someone to go there dedicated in taking photos alone (the more the photos, the better, regardless of quality)

2. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    The Nissin has a bounce head. I doubt you would miss the swivel head.

What kind of light modifiers are you going to use on it? That's what determines the type of head you need.

I prefer a softbox type, direct light. For that I don't need swivel at all, and only use bounce to pack it.
  3. Adubo

Adubo SithLord

Nov 4, 2010
    maybe a dome...? (or a box)havent really thought about it:confused:

i just thought that the swivel might be handy in certain times.

what do you do when you shoot portrait and not shoot direct flash to the subject? thanks