TT350 O and AD200 - my inital impressions

Clint

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Clint
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I used the AD200 in my new 38" Glow Parapop yesterday afternoon here in San Diego at 3:30pm in full sun (man is sun bright here in San Diego - sarcasm), I was quite impressed with the light - except the rear AV Panel. It was near impossible to verify the settings on the pocket flash. Will have to make some kind of hood for it.

I just added an AD-B2 to my preorder from Adorama. Also have an extra battery coming for the AD200.

BTW
- I upgraded the firmware and saw an improvement in the FEC with the TT350o as the master controller.
- The X1T-N can change power settings down to 1/256, but the AD200 only goes to 1/128.

CyVan

Mu-43 All-Pro
I used the AD200 in my new 38" Glow Parapop yesterday afternoon here in San Diego at 3:30pm in full sun (man is sun bright here in San Diego - sarcasm), I was quite impressed with the light - except the rear AV Panel. It was near impossible to verify the settings on the pocket flash. Will have to make some kind of hood for it.

I just added an AD-B2 to my preorder from Adorama. Also have an extra battery coming for the AD200.

BTW
- I upgraded the firmware and saw an improvement in the FEC with the TT350o as the master controller.
- The X1T-N can change power settings down to 1/256, but the AD200 only goes to 1/128.
I think I read there's a C.Fn setting that can change that for the AD200. Not finding that reference now.

How are you finding the Parapop compared to your other modifiers?

Clint

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Clint
The C.Fn settings on the AD200 do not include a minimum power setting, the X1T-N does however.

I'll start another thread about the ParaPop.

SpecFoto

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Jim
How are you finding the Parapop compared to your other modifiers?
I have been using the 28" ParaPop for about 2 years as my go to modifier for the AD360 and now the AD200. I put a Bowens ring on mine and mount via the S bracket. I shoot in full sun a lot and the 2nd inner white baffle of 70% area coverage helps get higher f stops in bright sun situations as it allows the light to spill around the silver perimeter and make the subject pop a bit more vs. using the full outer baffle.

Really like it a lot. It has held up well, despite being such light weight and the only negatives are that sometimes the unit doesn't release every rib when pressing the 2 release stops (they need to be released at exactly the same time) and the mounting ring is not easily removable, which I would like for more packing compactness when traveling.

Last edited:

Clint

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Clint
Got something new today! I received a Flashpoint EVOLV Twin Head / Godox AD-B2.

One LED modeling light will light up for each AD-200. One AD-200, one modeling light. Two AD-200s, two modeling lights.

You can't put a 360 or Quantum bulb in the AD-200 for use with two flashes. Simply will not work. However you can put in an AD200 bulb in the center four holes or the upper four holes, if you are using only one AD200.

Now if the rest of my stuff would just get here.
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited:

Repp

Mu-43 All-Pro
@Clint Edward from Cheetahstand says there is a special 400ws bulb currently in development, will probably be another month or two though. Then you'll be able to use the single 400ws or 2x 200ws bulbs. I'm really tempted to pick one of these up since they are so inexpensive. Heck, give the cost of a TTL AD600 is > this + 2x ad200s... I'm debating my future plans to pick up an ad600.

inkista

Mu-43 Top Veteran
...Heck, give the cost of a TTL AD600 is > this + 2x ad200s... I'm debating my future plans to pick up an ad600.
Think it comes down to how much you want to use the AD600 with the AD-H600 extension head (boom or VALS use), whether or not Godox comes out with extension heads for the AD200 (ganged or not), and how much you need the versatility of 2 separate AD200s vs. the AD-B2+2xAD200. The AD-B2+2xAD200s combo is still going to be heavier and bulkier and less robust on the end of a stick than an AD-H600.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom