Trying to update my M1X firmware - so far no joy at all, "Failed to communicate with server"

Retief

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Bill Dewey
Is that what all this "push notification" stuff is about? Or maybe those notifications I always just ignore? Ignorance is bliss, at least I can still keep the illusion of winning ....

Growltiger

Mu-43 All-Pro
On a PC, you can see where it is installed. If it is in C: - Program Files (x86) it will almost certainly be 32 bit. Just looking at my PC every one of my Olympus programs is in the 32 bit folder.

View attachment 764457
Unfortunately this a special case, since Olympus install both 32 and 64 bit versions in Program Files (x86). This is non-standard and confusing, but otherwise harmless.

Carbonman

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Graham
I just checked my Downloads folder and have the 64-bit version. I have to say I'm not particularly impressed with the performance - it's buggy and slow. I really want to make good use of the Clone Stamp Tool but am having a bitch of a time getting it to work consistently. It starts ok as a brush, then begins to reverse function or smear what I'm trying to erase into a new part of the area.

Davidof_CR

Mu-43 Regular
I had similar problem with my EM1x.
After I had charged both bateries to 100% and swtched to anodther USB port, the update ran succesfully.
Before that, the batteries were like 80% ...

I do not understand, why the process started, ran for about 10-15 minutes, and then, in the final stage, it colapsed with such vague message.

Retief

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Bill Dewey
After further testing, which I swear I did the other day, the end result is match the "bitness" of your OS to the "bitness" of Workspace. Not much annoys me more when I finally get things figured out, in this case with the help of Olympus, and it turns out I did not do one part of testing that I thought I had done.

The two things I did point out to Tech Support is "better error messages". If the "bitness" of the OS is the issue, don't present a message that says "incompatible hardware". The other outstanding question is why both the 32-bit and 64-bit versions installed on my desktop, I suspect this has something to do with the Nvidia GPU, which is present on my desktop which worked with both versions, vs. the laptops which are Intel only, only the 64-bit version worked. At any rate, match your "bits" and things appear much better.

I can't speak for it as a processor, I happen to use On1 myself, but I now have two ways to get updates and such done.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom