Trying to preorder OM-5 ... BUT ! :-(

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by nueces snapper, Feb 8, 2012.

1. nueces snapper

nueces snapper Mu-43 All-Pro

Went to Amazon first. They had the grip. Good. -check- But no batteries that I can find. Like I really want to pay shipping from some other outfit just to get a battery. :mad:

Went to B & H. They don't show the grip anywhere. :mad: :mad:

Can anyone help here? Please. :smile:

2. meyerweb

meyerweb Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Sep 5, 2011
    The camera isn't even out yet. It was just announced today. I think you're expecting a bot too much for the entire system and all accessories to be available already. Be patient. If you really want the camera, go ahead and pre-order. The accessories will be available by the time the camera ships.

3. nueces snapper

Thanks. :thumbup: That is reasonable. Amazon has the grip and the 4/3 adapter though. I just want a couple batteries. I guess its not a very big chance I'm taking having to order batteries elsewhere however. I just wanted to get my entire preorder done at one whack. Having to call Amazon and make sure they get a later supplied battery included with my original order could be a significant hassle.

4. nueces snapper

Interestingly Enough Crotchedy Thom Notes my Problem

Sans Mirror just put up a short note on this battery unavailability thing. Notes this is a fly in the ointment for Oly. Could lead to lack of pre-orders for the grip, possibly leading Oly to think it isn't selling well and cutting back production. It IS a stupid oversight on Oly's part to my mind. :mad:

5. starlabs

starlabs Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 30, 2010
    Los Angeles
    Wasn't battery availability for the GH2 when it first came out also an issue?

I'm hoping the Chinese battery makers are fast in releasing knock-offs! Go go generic batteries!

• Like Like x 1
  6. nueces snapper

Thank you. :smile: