Trying out my EM1,2 Focus Bracketing, my thoughts on aperture...

BushmanOrig

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Siegfried
aaa.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

EM1,2 image using f4.5

I haven't been using focussing bracketing much as I always thought the acceptable image sharpness I get with my M43 camera is OK. If I really take my time, use my CS-Pro App, and select the right aperture and focus points, the results I get are really good... I did not even try with the above image and its OK...

That brings me to an interesting thought looking at the advantages we have with "aperture" on our M43 cameras:-

- Depth of Field - when you spend a little time on selecting the right focussing point and aperture the M43 camera offers a huge acceptable in-focus range at as low as f5,6. In other words at what point will the one image overlap with the next - now you know one of the reasons why the EM1 stacking use only 8 shots
- Another advantage is using aperture as exposure gain. The common complaint is I need to increase the ISO in macro photography... People forget that when you increase the aperture with one-stop you get 2 times or a 100% gain exposing the sensor in terms of the previous aperture... This is why it's so important to master your aperture on your M43 camera and at what aperture you will get what "in-focus" range. Now you might say, so what... all cameras benefit from the same gain... Correct, but the starting point (eg f4,5) on M43 cameras has huge benefits or plenty of reserves in terms of gain... :)

Why thinking aperture?

Again when you starting setting the camera for a stacked or a bracketed sequence you need to understand what range (acceptable focus) you will get at what aperture...

Hope this was helpful...

Siegfried

Last edited:
Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom