1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Trying my hand at macro - feedback needed

Discussion in 'Nature' started by snyper564, Apr 18, 2011.

1. snyper564

snyper564 Mu-43 Regular

Mar 22, 2011
    Hey guys i would just like some feedback
    im using a panasonic G1 and super takumar 55mm with extention tubes.
    Please tell me how this macro shot looks i need an honest opinion im still new to the whole macro scene and i want to improve my hobby and photography skills.
    Im so confused with this whole bokeh thing as well is this one good or bad?
    Thanks guys please all comments are welcome

Attached Files:

• fly.
      fly.jpg
      File size:
      38.1 KB
      Views:
    • Like Like x 1
  2. OPSSam

OPSSam Mu-43 Regular

Dec 18, 2010
    NC
    Good bokeh on the left side, but it's dominating my attention because of the bright area. I'd just crop at least a third off the left to make the fly stand out more.

I always felt bokeh was good for embellishing the depth of a macro photo, and yours does that very well. AlthoughI find I have to decrease the bokeh (increase the f-stop) sometimes jst because the in focus area too thin for what I want to show up clear in the picture.

3. snyper564

snyper564 Mu-43 Regular

Mar 22, 2011
    Im assuming this is what you meant.

Attached Files:

4. Spuff

Spuff Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 5, 2010
    Berkshire, UK.
    I'd be aiming at more depth of focus on the insect even if that sacrificed the amount of background bokeh you wanted. It would be nice to see the detail in the wings as well as the head, you can perhaps lose focus after the wings.
    This is opinion and I'm no macro meister.

5. SRHEdD

SRHEdD Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 24, 2011
    Viera, Florida USA
    Steve
    ...trained fly? Dead and glued? A relative was in the transporter when the fly flew in, so you can now ask him to hold still?

6. snyper564

snyper564 Mu-43 Regular

Mar 22, 2011
    The quality of the uploaded shots hav all that detail missing in my developed ones u can see all the hairs on the flys face even the little water droplets on the hairs u can see the 1000s of eyes and everythig and the wing detail. What's the best way to upload this so none of that detail is lost?

7. JohnMetsn

JohnMetsn Mu-43 Veteran

Well in that case you can upload the original version (or at least much bigger version) to some photo sharing service (eg. Imageshack, Flickr Pro, Picasa) and post a thumbnail here which will lead to the original picture.

8. snyper564

snyper564 Mu-43 Regular

Mar 22, 2011
    I decided to leave the fly at that and here is a bee :) low res ill try sort out this whole uploading hi res images later

Attached Files: