Trustable lens site that ship worldwide?

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by timothysoong, Aug 12, 2011.

1. timothysoong

timothysoong Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 10, 2011
    Taipei, Taiwan
    Is there any trustable sites that sells new lens online and ships worldwide and also with reasonable price? I would like to know..

Anything except ebay/amazon.. Amazon doesn't ship to Taiwan. and another thing I don't trust ebay unless its from a trusted seller..

Tim

2. parkgt

parkgt New to Mu-43

Jul 7, 2011
    Lens seller

B&H Photo out of New York is one of the most respected sellers you will find.

I have bought a great deal from them over many years without problem. Their prices are always reasonable.

I have never needed overseas shipping so don't know what their policy is. In the US their speed and service is second to none.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Xuereb

Xuereb Mu-43 Rookie

Apr 20, 2011
    Perth, Australia
    I am in Australia. B&H are exceptional in their speed and quality of service for international sales. Packaging is excellent and I have found them to be entirely trustworthy.

• Like Like x 2
  4. timothysoong

Aug 10, 2011
    Taipei, Taiwan
    Thanks guys.. Checked out their site, really clean looking site and very well organized.. Might get a lens by the end of next week.. :)

5. zettapixel

zettapixel Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 12, 2010
    NY
    I believe B&H is basically considered a benchmark in US for things photo. I only had positive experience with them. BTW they're one of the affiliate partners of mu-43.com. If you use the link in Affiliates - Mu-43.com Links Directory I believe they'll share some percentage with mu-43.com

6. lannes

lannes Mu-43 Regular

Jul 15, 2011
    Perth, Australia
    I bought my GH2 kit from this Taiwanese ebayer, it was excellent transaction with fast courier shipping.

thisisde1 | eBay

Equipment in Taiwan seems cheaper than overseas sources, why buy overseas with the more complicated warranty arrangements, when you can go local ?

7. timothysoong

Aug 10, 2011
    Taipei, Taiwan
    well the thing is.. as of now in taiwan they only have the 14-42mm, 45-200mm and the 14mm prime available for sale.. im looking for the 14-45mm lens.. :/

8. nickthetasmaniac

nickthetasmaniac Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 11, 2011
    I've used B&H and Adorama several times (I'm in Australia) and they're both excellent with very similar prices.

9. Kelton

Kelton Mu-43 Regular

Aug 13, 2011
    San Diego, CA
    Hey there!

I'm in Taipei right now and I checked out some shops on Bo Ai Road. Have you been there? I'm pretty sure you have haha. If you need lens immediately, some of the prices there are decent. If you can wait, it is almost always cheaper to buy from the US and ship it to Taiwan (B&H like other people have said is a reputable and amazing company).

10. flash

flash Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Apr 29, 2010
    1 hour from Sydney Australia.
    Gordon
    How about digital rev.

Gordon

11. Plimsol

Plimsol Mu-43 Regular

Mar 29, 2010
    Belgium, Antwerp
    I prefer this shop in Germany, very kind manager and good service.
    Dont know if he ship outside Europe.

http://www.topfoto.de

Grtz

Sent from my iPhone using Mu-43 App

12. orsetto

orsetto Mu-43 Rookie

Aug 8, 2011
    That's funny -- I have the reverse situation: I want the new Oly 40-150mm R but the Australian stores I've seen online won't ship to the States and it might not be worth it to have relations in Europe and Asia to buy, send it to me.
    I thought you guys got everything first. I hope you get yours!

13. lannes

lannes Mu-43 Regular

Jul 15, 2011
    Perth, Australia
    Watch out if your going to use it on a panny body, as the oly 14-150mm doesn't have OIS as the olympus bodies have it built in. It's worth paying extra for the panasonic version with OIS on the lens if you have a panasonic body.

14. orsetto

orsetto Mu-43 Rookie

Aug 8, 2011
    for my E-P3 :) Thanks

I have to deal with the AF dilemma when I consider Panny lenses