1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Trouble updating firmware on OS X Mavericks

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by dav1dz, Nov 1, 2013.

1. dav1dz

dav1dz Mu-43 Top Veteran

Nov 6, 2012
    Canada
    I noticed that there was an update for Olympus 45 mm f/1.8. Tried Olympus's updater 1.06 and it isn't working on OS X Mavericks. Gives me an error about connection to camera after I agree to the terms as I click update.

"Failed to communicate with the camera. (0x42000)"

Anyone with similar issues?

Not a rush for me as the update is minor and is for support on new Panasonic bodies.

PS: I've always used the Olympus app with success in the past, this is my first time updating in the new OS so I assume that it's the culprit.

Update: I was able to update without any problems a few days later. Perhaps Olympus servers were down and that's the error message you get...?

2. dav1dz

dav1dz Mu-43 Top Veteran

Nov 6, 2012
    Canada
    Hmm nobody had any trouble updating the 45 mm?

Just some more information: I'm on an E-M5, 1.7. I've updated other lenses in the past without any problems. I tried this on another Mac as well as in Windows and I get the same errors.

Odd?

3. barbosas

barbosas Mu-43 Veteran

May 7, 2013
    Lisbon
    Hi,

I updated mine last week on Mavericks with an E-P5 and everything went smoothly .

Cheers

• Like Like x 1
  4. dav1dz

dav1dz Mu-43 Top Veteran

Nov 6, 2012
    Canada
    Hopefully it's not my camera that is having problems. I'll try it again in a couple of weeks. Not a crucial update but I'd like to be able to update in the future when there are worthwhile changes.

5. gochugogi

gochugogi Mu-43 Veteran

Just a heads up with 10.9: WD apps and drivers are incompatible and will erase your external drives if not uninstalled before updating.

6. dav1dz

dav1dz Mu-43 Top Veteran

Nov 6, 2012
    Canada
    Good thing I don't have any WD drives.

Why would you need drivers for them anyways?

I was finally able to update without any problems a few days later. Perhaps Olympus servers were down and that's the error message you get...?

I didn't do anything different. LOL Olympus.