1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Trouble focus with my cctv 35mm 1.7 lens?

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by kyphotoguy, Oct 21, 2012.

1. kyphotoguy

kyphotoguy Mu-43 Regular

Oct 2, 2012
  2. kyphotoguy

kyphotoguy Mu-43 Regular

Oct 2, 2012
    problem solved.....

3. qwert

qwert New to Mu-43

Feb 23, 2013
    Solution?

I have the same problem, what's your solution?

4. speedandstyle

speedandstyle Mu-43 Hall of Famer

A common problem with adaptors is that they have the lens mounted too far forward. This prevents focus to infinity. Basically it turns them into a close-focus lens the same way extension tubes do. This situation can be made worse on c-mount lenses because they have to fit down inside the m4/3 mount. The adaptors fit but the lens does not fit the adaptor. Add to this poor engineering by some Chinese factories and it can be impossible. I currently have a c-mount that needs to have almost a mm shaved off to fit the adaptor.

5. qwert

qwert New to Mu-43

Feb 23, 2013
    Thanks.

How did you shaved off your C-mount adaptor?

or

which C-mount adaptor should I use for my E-P1, they all said they can focus to infinity!

Thanks again,

6. qwert

qwert New to Mu-43

Feb 23, 2013
    Solved!

There was an extension tube already on my lens!

7. speedandstyle

speedandstyle Mu-43 Hall of Famer

I used a dremel tool and slowly ground the lens base{not the adaptor}. I mounted the dremel in a vice and fitted a cylindrical grinding stone. As the dremel was spinning I slowly rotated the lens until enough was gone for it to fit. It is still a little off but works OK. A more proper way would be to turn it in a lathe but I don't have one, well not one that precise.

You can try other adaptors and maybe one will work better than the one you have. Yea they all say that they will focus to infinity and perhaps with some lenses they do but if your lens hits like mine did then it doesn't.

Well that would explain it and makes sense because you said it would only focus out a couple of inches.